This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GG smogon - Ubers

#31Hierarchy225Posted 8/23/2013 8:38:52 PM(edited)
Vycoul posted...
Wat... Does Smogon really allow Double Team and Minimize now?
...Wat?

Holy crap!

Also I can't believe you were using roar that many times without getting the hint.

How were you not noticing the "anchoring itself with its roots" thing. It was frustrating to watch.

I was literally raging at the screen for you to stop.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#32Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:49:58 PM(edited)
Hierarchy225 posted...
Vycoul posted...
Wat... Does Smogon really allow Double Team and Minimize now?
...Wat?

Holy crap!

Also I can't believe you were using roar that many times without getting the hint.

How were you not noticing the "anchoring itself with its roots" thing. It was frustrating to watch.

Nah i missed that and just thought i missed each time. Said in the start i forgot about it. For about 18 turns it completely went over my head. Even still though, at the point that the messege popped up it would have been too late to stop it anyhow.

Also here. Have one of my old replay's as a sort of change of mood.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-32979103
Still a messed up play but there was 1 move that for some reason he decided not to do. And another play he should have had a pokemon for in ubers. Most people usually have at least 1 phaser in ubers.
---
I like Lances!
#33shadowpimpstylePosted 8/23/2013 8:53:05 PM(edited)
Actually, I am neither a Smogonite nor a troll... I hate Smogon and its ilk with a passion, and I don't troll. I merely point out fallacies where I see them.

OP lost to a Baton Pass team that abused Evasion, but he would have lost just the same if he could have hit him... The opponent spent like twenty turns just setting up... Why not just (try, at least) to attack, instead of Roar-ing or using Dark Void? Or stat-up yourself? Smeargle nearly went down in one shot from Dark Pulse--Why not just keep attacking until you hit? You surely had enough PP...

How many turns were wasted trying to Roar a Pokemon that had laid roots with Ingrain? Eight? Ten? Turns he should have been using to boost his own set-up sweeper or just trying to hit the guy. OP still had chances to break the BP chain seeing as how even after all that setting up, he still needed multiple turns to kill Dialga.

The lack of Taunt, Haze, or some variant(Torment, Disable, Clear Smog, etc.), shows how ill-prepared the OP was to setting up in general; any decently bulky stat upper would have beaten him once Dialga was gone.
#34Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 9:00:22 PM
shadowpimpstyle posted...
Actually, I am neither a Smogonite nor a troll... I hate Smogon and its ilk with a passion, and I don't troll. I merely point out fallacies where I see them.

OP lost to a Baton Pass team that abused Evasion, but he would have lost just the same if he could have hit him... The opponent spent like twenty turns just setting up... Why not just (try, at least) to attack, instead of Roar-ing or using Dark Void? Or stat-up yourself? Smeargle nearly went down in one shot from Dark Pulse--Why not just keep attacking until you hit? You surely had enough PP...

How many turns were wasted trying to Roar a Pokemon that had laid roots with Ingrain? Eight? Ten? Turns he should have been using to boost his own set-up sweeper or just trying to hit the guy. OP still had chances to break the BP chain seeing as how even after all that setting up, he still needed multiple turns to kill Dialga.

The lack of Taunt, Haze, or some variant(Torment, Disable, Clear Smog, etc.), shows how ill-prepared the OP was to setting up in general; any decently bulky stat upper would have beaten him once Dialga was gone.

My Dialga is my only counter to reset stat ups. Hes bulky enough and ingrain is rarely used enough that i never worry about it. Also my Dialga literally only phases. Its all it can do. Also the only one that could setup was my Arceus. And at that point even if i setup, and hit the enemy, i needed to hit them minimum twice and hope the second hit kills them or else they heal up. Getting 2 hits in a row at that point is pretty unlikely.

Really by turn 10 I was pretty much waiting out the end of the game. I am tempted to run an arceus with perish song now that i know he can learn it. However I would rather boycott the tier entirely until its fixed.
---
I like Lances!
#35dillo9000Posted 8/23/2013 9:11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LRGRIw-6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlAiKVwMpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBgvlOVjhs

Generally I like the way Smogon handles things, but some decisions are just mindf*** worthy.

Let's ban Garchomp cuz he's OP like in Gen 4. Nowait actually he was banned cuz Sand Veil so now we can bring him back now that Sand Veil is gone.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, P4A2, SSB4, Dubs of P3 Movies
Currently playing: P4G, P4A, SMT4, M&L4
#36Fierce_Deity_08Posted 8/25/2013 10:54:30 AM
Think for yourself you silly sheep! Use what creatures you want! Use what moves you want! IVs are a lie! (Yep, I never got past my Blue/Red way of thinking.)
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
Hyrule Dream Address: 5900-2665-0877/ GT: OnikaraStar
#37link_15Posted 8/25/2013 11:39:29 AM(edited)
Its on ubes, Who cares.

That tier is not supposed to be balanced anyway.

---
FC: 2921-9125-4259 Salem from Historia.
Dream Address: 4600-2133-5158 Visit me!
#38KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/25/2013 11:07:51 AM
Fierce_Deity_08 posted...
Think for yourself you silly sheep! Use what creatures you want! Use what moves you want! IVs are a lie! (Yep, I never got past my Blue/Red way of thinking.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRvR0cm5Vo
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#39WallydraiglePosted 8/25/2013 11:16:17 AM
Ubers should be anything-goes anyway, since it's not supposed to be a tier, but a banlist.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#40Fierce_Deity_08Posted 8/26/2013 6:59:21 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Fierce_Deity_08 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRvR0cm5Vo

Sorry, can't watch videos on this internet connection. Sucks to be me, I know.
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
Hyrule Dream Address: 5900-2665-0877/ GT: OnikaraStar