This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire/Psychic is the new Water/Ground.

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 8/23/2013 10:46:58 PM
Remember when Water/Ground debuted in Gen. II? It was unique at the time and a very interesting typing. Then Gen. III came along, and gave us two new evolutionary families that had it. Then along came the next two gens, each adding more and more Water/Ground families.

The typing went from unique to almost stale and overdone.

Now we have Fire/Psychic. New with Victini, although a special form of Darminitan has it, as well. And now the very reliable leak from earlier states Fennekin will end up as Fire/Psychic.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if more are introduced this generation, too. Another type that seems like it might become almost overdone and boring.

It's just like how nearly every Grass-type in Gen. I was also part Poison. Or how so many Flying-types are paired with Normal.

I wish Game Freak would focus more on unique type combinations than constantly recycling old ones. (Of course, we haven't seen the Gen. VI Pokedex yet, it's possible they did just that.)
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2nro87Posted 8/23/2013 10:50:36 PM
You really think 5 families is stale and overdone? Wow, don't look at Normal/Flying.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#3NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 10:52:37 PM
Normal/Flying is the worst, of course. But it didn't start out as unique.

I also wouldn't mind as much if a lot of the Water/Ground Pokemon were more viable. Some are good, but then you have others like Wishcash that aren't as good.
---
#4LexifoxPosted 8/23/2013 11:02:39 PM
Whiscash is a Dragon Dancing catfish with a great big o_____________o smile.

He does not need to be top tier.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5JarickoPosted 8/23/2013 11:10:57 PM
Lexifox posted...

And Stunfisk has a constant troll face and actually has pretty good damage if it carries specs and manages to predict a switch in.
---
I like Lances!
#6MasajubPosted 8/24/2013 12:04:15 AM
Darmanitan zen mode is basically unusable so this is really only the second Fire/Psychic as opposed to the, what, 5th? Water/Ground. Also Victini is a legendary and if you're like me, won't use him for that reason.

You would be better off arguing Fire/Fighting is the new Water/Ground.
#7Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 8/24/2013 12:32:13 AM
overdone types: dragon/anything

i like dragons, i think they are cool, but seriously we have enough of them and they are all great, no exceptions. can we get more variance with the semi-legendaries like with metagross? how about more dudes like volcarona who have "technically" bad typing but then prove that they can still kick ass?
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#8xiaolinpetPosted 8/24/2013 1:05:57 AM
Quote:Lexifox posted...

And Stunfisk has a constant troll face and actually has pretty good damage if it carries specs and manages to predict a switch in.

@Jaricko
Isn't stunfisk electric/ground?
---
Soulsilver FC: 3180-8615-3680
Platinum FC: 1978-3032-3870
#9NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 12:10:22 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
overdone types: dragon/anything

i like dragons, i think they are cool, but seriously we have enough of them and they are all great, no exceptions. can we get more variance with the semi-legendaries like with metagross? how about more dudes like volcarona who have "technically" bad typing but then prove that they can still kick ass?

Certainly Dragon/Flying, and certainly Dragons being "wasted" on legendaries, but otherwise, I disagree. There are still plenty of unused Dragon combos:

Dragon/Rock
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Bug
Dragon/Poison

etc.

Which I guess is kind of the point of my topic here: when it comes to Fire, we keep getting Fire/Fighting and now Fire/Psychic, rather than unused Fire combinations.
---
#10mehmetskiPosted 8/24/2013 12:14:22 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Normal/Flying is the worst, of course. But it didn't start out as unique.

I also wouldn't mind as much if a lot of the Water/Ground Pokemon were more viable. Some are good, but then you have others like Wishcash that aren't as good.

ive won SO many battles because of whiscash
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256