This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why people think pokemon ripping off Digimon

#1Slayerblade11Posted 8/24/2013 4:54:50 AM
Mega Digimon don't even exist. That's just what they call them in the english dub.
#2aznStaRBoYPosted 8/24/2013 5:01:58 AM
Digimon is better off comparing itself to Pokemon given that Pokemon is much more popular. I dont think anyone takes it seriously.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#3Dark_Link92Posted 8/24/2013 5:12:34 AM
Slayerblade11 posted...
Mega Digimon don't even exist. That's just what they call them in the english dub.

But most people are probably more familiar with the English dub. I'm totally against people saying the Pokemon designs have begun to resemble Digimon, because they haven't, but the concept of a "Mega Evolution" that gives a big power boost but is temporary and only lasts for the length of a battle is indeed very similar to Digimon, and you can't really deny that.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#4MasterSpectrobePosted 8/24/2013 5:24:18 AM
Burst Mode, that is all.
---
I pity the fool who takes this topic seriously >_>
#5SirPikachuPosted 8/24/2013 5:25:11 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...

But most people are probably more familiar with the English dub. I'm totally against people saying the Pokemon designs have begun to resemble Digimon, because they haven't, but the concept of a "Mega Evolution" that gives a big power boost but is temporary and only lasts for the length of a battle is indeed very similar to Digimon, and you can't really deny that.

That's like sating. "well reshiram is big, and there's big Digimon, so that means it's very similar to Digimon and you can't deny that."
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#6Quick-ManPosted 8/24/2013 5:25:25 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...

I always thought that it was more akin to going Super Saiyan, but whatever.

Besides, in the Digimon games digivolution is usually permanent, rather than a "temporary boost" like in the games.
---
The official Quick Man of every board. http://i.imgur.com/kgk3sk0.gif?1
I'm still faster than Sonic.
#7DigiHerokidPosted 8/24/2013 5:30:33 AM
Either way, 1Digimon would beat down an army of pokemon, and any of them could beat down pikachu.
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728
#8Big_IsaacPosted 8/24/2013 5:31:16 AM
Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all burst evolutions
if you ask me.

also 3DS ingame graphics >>>>> 90s level CGI
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#9arvilinoPosted 8/24/2013 5:45:45 AM
Quick-Man posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...

I always thought that it was more akin to going Super Saiyan, but whatever.

Besides, in the Digimon games digivolution is usually permanent, rather than a "temporary boost" like in the games.

Even in the anime isn't it only the main characters digimon that are the exception? With most of Digimon above rookie being permanently in their higher form.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#10BlueodorPosted 8/24/2013 5:49:42 AM
who cares
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18l24d39d62b8gif/original.gif