This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pokemon that design left you excited but stats left you disappointed?

#1paiprPosted 8/24/2013 6:10:20 AM
basically whats a pokemon from each gen that at first you saw it, and were really excited about using, cause you thought it rocked with all kinds of awesomeness/cuteness/b'a-ness/ect-ness. but then when you got to use it and took a look at its stats, or maybe even movepool you just found yourself disappointed. (note im not saying you didnt still use it, im just saying you where disappointed.

for me;

-gen1; fearow, ive always favored him over the pidgy line, and love some of its movepool, but its stats always leave me depressed.
-gen2; kingdra (besides having its name backwards: draking) its stats made me sad, i was a big fan of seadra in gen1 and was happy to learn it was getting a evo, sadly it didnt really excel anywhere.
-gen3; tropious, loved its design (still say it should have been bayleafs evo) loved the idea of a grass/flying type that can actually learn fly, but its stats.....they sadden me.
-gen4; rampardos, first fossel pokemon i saw and really liked, i mean its based on my favorite dinosaur (Pachycephalosaurus not a trex) but wow quite the definition of a glass cannon.
-gen5; there where a few, top of the list would have to be simisage though (with frail liepard close behind it) i really liked simisage (named broccoli in my game) and loved the idea of the monkey trio, its a shame that they are left so meh.

so who are your pokemon? and why?
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2InhaledCornPosted 8/24/2013 6:15:49 AM
Many of the starters just by their nature. I think the biggest disappointment was Emboar. I really liked the idea behind him, but the type combination felt stale by the point Emboar got it. On top of all that, it's heavily geared toward offense when it's too slow or bulky to take advantage of it. If it got to keep the Thick Fat hidden ability it's two previous evolutions had, maybe it could tank slightly better, but it gets Reckless which turns it even more into a glass cannon. They should have swapped its Def and Sp.Atk stats.

Samurott is probably a close second. The Physical/Special split was not kind to Sceptile at all either.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#3Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/24/2013 6:17:25 AM
Gen 1 - Victreebel
Gen 2 - Sneasel
Gen 3 - Exploud
Gen 4 - Bastiodon
Gen 5 - Galvantula
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#4MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/24/2013 6:17:51 AM
Genesect.
Like, hot DAMN that thing was a dissapointment. He was the weakest link in my final Black party.
I only really kept him cause I liked his cry.

Also Haxorus. It should have been the pseudo, not Hyd.
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#5DarkEspeon996Posted 8/24/2013 6:22:17 AM
Klinklang line

Just disappointed in everything about it.
---
What goes up, must go down. Like my grades...- black wargreykid
http://i.imgur.com/XKy3e.png
#6Nightstar1994Posted 8/24/2013 6:23:47 AM
Fearow
Entei (Competitive wise)
Absol
Garchomp
Bisharp
---
Official Landorus
#7mustardpi314Posted 8/24/2013 6:23:59 AM
Absol.
His attack is great, but he has too low speed.
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB:P:M and other random stuff.
#8mehmetskiPosted 8/24/2013 6:35:16 AM
gen1: kangaskhan, shes not really weak but not as good as she should be
gen2: dunsparce. it has its niche but i wish it was better
gen3: sableye...just not enough atk. also tropius
gen4: i dont remember one atm...maybe gallade, wish he had more speed
gen5: accelgor
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#9Dark343Posted 8/24/2013 6:49:27 AM
Gen 1: Victreebel/Rapidash
Gen 2: Ampharos/Houndoom
Gen 3: Absol/Sharpedo
Gen 4: Yanmega/Luxray
Gen 5: Scolipede/Galvantula
---
'Come" She whispered "And stay with me- we can watch this world die together".
Official Osiris of SMTIV Board.
#10Misdreavus573Posted 8/24/2013 6:58:34 AM(edited)
Gen I: Butterfree. Wish it could've been a little stronger later in the game. Though it does have Quiver Dance now.
Gen II: Misdreavus. Sorry Missy, but 85/85/85 doesn't really cut it. It's a good wall with Evolite now though.
Gen III: Mawile. One of my favorite designs, but its stats are all-around terrible. Thank goodness for MegaMawile.
Gen IV: Lumineon. I actually think it has a really pretty design and an amazing cry, but it's just awful.
Gen V: Liepard. One of my favorites from gen 5, but it dies way too easily, its attack stats are just okay, and in B/W1 it didn't even learn Dark Pulse to go with its Nasty Plot. Good with Prankster though.