This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: Gamefreak actually incorporates Hard Mode into the game

#1DaemonscharmPosted 8/24/2013 8:39:19 AM
aka Nuzlocke ala Fire Emblem.

Like how FE had a casual mode and a hard mode

Gamefreak takes advantage of the Nuzlocke challenge by introducing the rules and mechanics into the game.

1. Pokemon faints it automatically goes to a specific box in the PC for you to look at or release manually but you can't move or remove it.
2. Black/White outs are automatic game over but you have a set amount of continues like Castlevania.
3. Only allowed ot catch the first Pokemon in each route. The game gives you the Pokeball option in that battle only. Every other battle takes away the option and only allows you to battle or run. You can turn on the shiny exception and no duplicates rule.

I for one would be happy. It encourages honest gameplay and no cheating. A legit hard mode that forces you to follow the rules.
---
http://i.imgur.com/oIpTazi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg
#2Gameorama91Posted 8/24/2013 10:38:02 AM
It would be cool, but I doubt they'd do a Nuzlocke mode. At best, when we start we'd get a Normal or Hard mode option, and hard mode just makes enemy pokemon trainers have higher leveled pokemon, and maybe more of them on their team.
---
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
#3ElectricNovaPosted 8/24/2013 10:45:00 AM
So it's impossible to fill the Pokedex in hard mode? If you can only get one per route.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#4GBeastMegamanBXPosted 8/24/2013 10:53:16 AM
Its a good concept for those who are looking for a challenge, but as stated before, it makes filling the pokedex basically impossible and can also possibly trap the player depending on which pokemon they encounter/caught. Hard Mode is best for those looking for a main game walk through.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#5paiprPosted 8/24/2013 10:56:29 AM
i like the idea of a hard mode, but not the idea of it being nuzlocke. plus i feel if they wanted to limit us in some way they could come up with a better and less aggravating system than nuzlocke

like adding a team cost system. where certain pokemon cost more, and as you gain badges, or accomplish other tasks your team cost goes up. that way you cant just use a team of fully evolved pokemon right off. and you have to not only work to raise your pokemon but work to be able to handle more pokemon and stronger ones. maybe you can go over your cost, but depending on how over your pokemon are more likely to not listen to you be they caught or traded.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#6mustardpi314Posted 8/24/2013 11:23:48 AM
i've never done any challenge runs of Pokemon games because i don't want to reset my game file with all my good pokemon... a second game file is the first thing i'd want Gamefreak to worry about before Hard or Nuzelocke mode.
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB:P:M and other random stuff.
#7Kirby_GuruPosted 8/24/2013 11:44:01 AM
This would be a waste of GF's time and tehy would never do it.

Not because of the Pokedex issue though, because you could easily set it to be disabled after you beat the Elite 4. Why would they need to implement this? just do it yourself. Promotes honesty/no cheating, to who? yourself? It doesn't affect anybody else.
---
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?
W2 FC: 0992 1918 4342
#8Chaos_MissilePosted 8/24/2013 11:53:52 AM
That "Hard Mode" sounds like artifical difficulty, which is generally stupid and a BIG NO in game design.

Challenge Mode, on the other hand, was a step in the right direction imo.

You guys kept complaining that the in-game trainers barely gave you a challenge. All of a sudden, those same trainers hit you with a moveset and items generally only found in the Battle Frontier trainers. And this is in addition to the 3- healing items limit they carry.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#9Callista08Posted 8/24/2013 12:57:44 PM
What I want is a hard mode unlocked in the beginning not the end.... in which case I essentially can't use. Nothing frustrates me more than their being a game mechanic I simply can't utilize because it was implemented in such a HORRIBLE way.

Please GF, make hard mode, just make it selectable in the beginning.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)