This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Water as a type is overpowered.

#1GloryChaosPosted 8/24/2013 11:46:05 AM
Ninetales gets drought. People acknowledge the fact that it still isn't very good but will see play in order to support a team playstyle. When making sun teams, people complain about how little Ninetales has to contribute outside of will o wisp, toxic, etc.

Politoed gets drizzle. Suddenly, he is an amazing OU Pokemon who boasts an excellent revenge killing set with choice scarf, a brutally powerful hydro pump with a choice specs set, and a fantastic defensive set with scald, toxic, encore, etc. In fact, politoed is so good now that he has managed to drag a ton of previously NU Pokemon to OU with him. And even when drizzle + swift swim gets banned, politoed manages to drag gastrodon (a previously unused NU Pokemon) into OU where gastrodon is now a top tier special wall that does amazing things like...using toxic...and being immune to extremely relevant water attacks.

Hopefully, with this extremely compelling argument, I have convinced you all that water as a type is ridiculously favored by gamefreak above all others. It has a grand total of two weaknesses, while barely any types in the game manage to resist its attacks. And much like Gorons in the Legend of Zelda games, Gamefreak continues to buff water types every single generation.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#2MrFingers07Posted 8/24/2013 11:47:15 AM
f*** scald
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#3Jrx1Posted 8/24/2013 11:48:41 AM
CTRL+F Kyogre

no results found

topic sucks
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#4lordlugia_rocksPosted 8/24/2013 11:49:33 AM(edited)
Yep. Rain is ridiculously overpowered with the benefits that it grants to the point where they had to ban Drizzle + Swirft Swim, Water has the most amount of pokemon in the game (either tied with Flying or Flying slighty surpasses it I don't remember) and even then there's tons of useful water moves like the ridiculous scald, and Water is both great offensively and defensively which not many types can boast.

Also the king of ubers is indeed a water type.
---
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/24/2013 11:49:22 AM
Water is my favorite type so I'm ok with this
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6ZTIger5Posted 8/24/2013 11:50:52 AM
Most of that went over my head. Basically you're complaining about the differences between sun and rain-based teams?
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#7kakashik99992Posted 8/24/2013 11:52:43 AM(edited)
It's not water per se Rain if overall too powerfull for several reasons plus the fact that the best rain counters are ALL BANNED in smogon( sand garchomp/excadrill/Landrous I, Genesect, Blaziken,Thunderus I to a extent etc)
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#8GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:51:55 AM
MrFingers07 posted...
f*** scald

Preaching to the choir.

Jrx1 posted...
CTRL+F Kyogre

no results found

topic sucks

Sometimes, the most obvious facts need not be mentioned.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#9uuurrrgghPosted 8/24/2013 11:53:02 AM
Volcrona with Giga Drain says hi.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#10MrFingers07Posted 8/24/2013 11:57:11 AM
Volcrona with Giga Drain says hi.

what does this even mean?
---