This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be bold, play your 3DS in public.

#1CelesEsperIce3Posted 8/24/2013 4:04:22 PM
Are you bold? - Results (422 votes)
No, It's not cool and I must be cool at all times.
9.24% (39 votes)
No, I'm afraid of what people will think.
7.58% (32 votes)
Sure I'm bold, I rock a stealthy black original 3DS and pretend its a phone when asked.
2.37% (10 votes)
Yes, I play it at appropriate chances in public.
52.13% (220 votes)
Yes, I whip it out any chance I get.
28.67% (121 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I carry my 3DS around like a security blanket. If I leave the house it is in my pocket. If I get bored for more than a few minutes I whip it out and continue whatever game I was playing. My job involves sitting and waiting for hours a day, and it keeps me from getting ridiculously bored or overly stressed. My wife has gradually accepted it and even tries to get involved now. Even when I bust it out in inappropriate places she gives me little grief.(Hospital waiting rooms, funerals, weddings, during previews at the movies, at her grandmothers dinner parties)

With the upcoming release of Pokemon X/Y many people are getting back into Pokemon who dropped out over time. This has led to an influx of 3DS users in my area. 2 people I work with have recently gotten 3DS's and busted out Black/White for practice. Both of them approached me for trades and such since they know I always carry my 3DS. This would never have happened had I kept it hidden at all times. Because of boldness and not giving a flying **** what society thinks I now have 2 people to fight and trade with that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Be bold, you may make new friends and find you have common interests with people you'd never have guessed.

I'm 31 and I have a black original 3DS, but before I got that a year and a half ago I rocked a pink DS lite that I stole from my wife after my blue brick broke.(and yes people gave me s*** about it constantly but it never stopped me:) )
---
I like cheese!!!
#2_KGC_Posted 8/24/2013 4:05:41 PM
Don't have a 3DS :s
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/24/2013 4:06:05 PM
It's not that I'm bold, it's just that I don't like playing in public.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4xbombrPosted 8/24/2013 4:07:32 PM
I feel like there is a Doritos advertisement hidden in here somewhere.
---
FAIL WAR! Let's do it! I'll warn you... YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! - Deprece
#5Tigo73Posted 8/24/2013 4:09:19 PM
"Doesn´t matter, played Pokemon."
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#6ElectricNovaPosted 8/24/2013 4:11:23 PM
It's hard to play in public because of crowds and sunlight making it hard to play
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#7Toasty_KabalPosted 8/24/2013 4:12:43 PM
_KGC_ posted...
Don't have a 3DS :s

---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#8kirbydude385Posted 8/24/2013 4:14:15 PM
if im bored and i have my 3ds, and the lighting doesnt make it impossible to see, ill play it (usually when waiting for a train or on said train)
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 8/24/2013 4:16:34 PM
Well, considering I just bought it yesterday, I would probably play it in public at every possible opportunity.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#10ZerbeePosted 8/24/2013 4:20:06 PM
My bf plays his ugly ass gameboy in public and I could care less
But only when he plays pokemon games cus I like pokemon