This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be bold, play your 3DS in public.

#61KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/25/2013 3:15:59 AM
ecylis posted...
Why would I ever play it in public
I'm always doing something when I'm in public

---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#62GoGoatPosted 8/25/2013 3:17:27 AM
Wheres the "my city is crawling with thieves and I'm not stupid enough to expose it" option?
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#63WindyligthPosted 8/25/2013 3:19:37 AM
No. People steal things.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#64JoJoX200Posted 8/25/2013 3:25:58 AM
I'm playing on long train rides, but playing at home is usually way more comfortable. Oh, and some conventions in my area have pokemon tournaments, so there's that too. Granted, I have a pretty save bag for hiding away my 3DS when I'm not playing(Hilbert's and Nate's bag designs are super practical for sure)
#65flamethrowalrusPosted 8/25/2013 3:28:23 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
"You're playing Nintendo, what are you, in 3rd grade?"

My response: You're judging somebody based on the video game company they prefer, what are you, in 3rd grade?

Hey man, do you mind if I borrow that line? I'm gonna need it when people see me playing Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold in October (I've never cared about people seeing me play Pokemon, but these two aren't the most masculine :P)
---
~Woop Woop Chicken Soup~
#66flamethrowalrusPosted 8/25/2013 3:44:51 AM
I also wanted to add that, when I play outside of home I'm on the bus. Last year, I gave a fair chance at trying to socialize with people on the bus; but they would rather text, use Facebook or play a ridiculous time-wasting app.

Now how is that any better than playing a video game? Ding ding ding! It's not. So my friend and I started bringing DS' on the bus ride (his a 3DS) and what do you know, I can grind for 10 minutes and get some Pokes to a higher level, so then at home I can focus on the story. I am guessing you can really do that with any RPG. Platformers are also good; I can beat a few levels and then carry on later.

The only problem are the "cool" ones that will make remarks like "DS' are for little kids! Get an Iphone dur hur hur!" Ignoring them does the job though.
---
~Woop Woop Chicken Soup~
#67XxPika740xXPosted 8/25/2013 4:12:45 AM
jobacohue posted...
I don't enjoy playing video games in public. I prefer this thing called socializing.

wtf is the point of buying a portable system if you don't take it out?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicandGamesandStuf
----->Pika740<----- Sprezzatura
#68mjc0961Posted 8/25/2013 4:53:59 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
If I'm out of the house, I'm doing something better than playing 3DS.

/thread

Why /thread? Because TC was one of those rude people who made his poll options "if you disagree with me, you suck".
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#69BionicLotusPosted 8/25/2013 5:02:46 AM
Its not that I'm scared of being judged or anything, I'm just so nervous of it being lost or stolen that I'd never risk taking it out in public.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3342-4877 - Martin
#70CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 10:59:17 AM
GoGoat posted...
Wheres the "my city is crawling with thieves and I'm not stupid enough to expose it" option?
It seems like I really should have included this option, but I didn't think the country had gotten that bad. I really figured the media was exaggerating things since my area is relatively crimeless. Sadly that's probably due to a lack of any significant minority groups and no large poor neighborhoods.(They're small and spread out all over)

mjc0961 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
If I'm out of the house, I'm doing something better than playing 3DS.

/thread

Why /thread? Because TC was one of those rude people who made his poll options "if you disagree with me, you suck".
You fall under category "No, It's not cool and I must be cool at all times." The "if I'm out of the house, I'm doing something better than playing 3DS" is your typical too cool for school douche canoe response. Obviously if you're out at the pool you don't bring your DS swimming, but there are a myriad of boring moments when you are out of the house and not doing something better. Sadly you're too cool and would rather stare at a wall while your girlfriend tries on clothes or play on your phone while waiting for your food order to come. Are you beginning to see why this is a crappy response? or do you still think you're too cool to play your DS in public.
---
I like cheese!!!