This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be bold, play your 3DS in public.

#71NessEggmanPosted 8/25/2013 11:06:22 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
ecylis posted...
Why would I ever play it in public
I'm always doing something when I'm in public

Pretty much this. I always carry mine around to get streetpasses, but I rarely ever have an opportunity to play it.

Not that I'm ashamed or embarrassed to, I'm just usually doing something.

Though I mean, there are times when I do have a reason to pull it out. Like I order something at Starbucks and I'll look at my Mii Plaza while I wait for the drink to be made. Or I'm with my friends at a restaurant and we're just eating slowly/casually, maybe going to have a couple drinks after the meal, and we decide to have a Pokémon battle or something. Or if I somehow meet someone else with a 3DS and we decide to exchange friend codes, we can do it locally. Then I have no qualms at all about getting my 3DS out.

I have a pink 3DS, and I have that KH:DDD case on it that makes it look like hearts and sparkles (to someone who knows nothing about KH, it may as well be Barbie, from the appearance). And I'm a grown man with a thick beard and wear flannel shirts or whatever, you know... I look like a lumberjack. So it looks really awkward to pretty much anyone raised in our society and they always point and make comments and people even ask me about it rudely...

Despite that, I've never once had a second thought about getting out my 3DS in public. Why should I? I like my 3DS. I like playing it. I feel like playing it. I have it with me. I should play it. That's all that should matter.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#72BottledPoePosted 8/25/2013 11:32:04 AM
I play it all the time. I play it at work especially, since my work gives me about 2-3 hours of doing nothing everyday.

I don't really care what people think if I'm playing in public. It's fun, get over it.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835- Jenna from Tea Leaf Town
I am a Time Traveler. I do not dupe.
#73NewMoonShadowPosted 8/25/2013 11:36:49 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Where is the "I don't want to carry around a $200 piece of hardware with fragile components inside and big wide irreplaceable stereoscopic 3D LCD screen just begging to get scratched" option?

I had no problems taking my Gameboy and GBA around but not this thing. I'm afraid of even leaving it on my bed.

If there's one thing Nintendo is amazing at, it's making sturdy hardware. I have yet to see a piece of hardware Nintendo's made that can't survive being literally thrown onto concrete. Unless you take a nail or something and purposely scratch up the screen, or use a freaking hammer, you're not going to destroy the thing.
#74GiftedIpadPosted 8/25/2013 1:25:29 PM
CelesEsperIce3 posted...
GoGoat posted...
Wheres the "my city is crawling with thieves and I'm not stupid enough to expose it" option?
It seems like I really should have included this option, but I didn't think the country had gotten that bad. I really figured the media was exaggerating things since my area is relatively crimeless. Sadly that's probably due to a lack of any significant minority groups and no large poor neighborhoods.(They're small and spread out all over)

mjc0961 posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
If I'm out of the house, I'm doing something better than playing 3DS.

/thread

Why /thread? Because TC was one of those rude people who made his poll options "if you disagree with me, you suck".
You fall under category "No, It's not cool and I must be cool at all times." The "if I'm out of the house, I'm doing something better than playing 3DS" is your typical too cool for school douche canoe response. Obviously if you're out at the pool you don't bring your DS swimming, but there are a myriad of boring moments when you are out of the house and not doing something better. Sadly you're too cool and would rather stare at a wall while your girlfriend tries on clothes or play on your phone while waiting for your food order to come. Are you beginning to see why this is a crappy response? or do you still think you're too cool to play your DS in public.

What, are you still in high school or something? Life isn't about video games, and there are certainly much better things than play video games when you're " out in public".About "too cool for school", uh yeah maybe it's because we ARE out of school and we're busy with our jobs and our family with little time to play games even in our own house. Your comment reeks of immaturity and ignorance stemmed from being a kid still going through puberty with no social skills.
#75CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 4:00:13 PM
GiftedIpad posted...
What, are you still in high school or something?Yes, I'm 31 and still in high school... Life isn't about video gamesLife isn't just about video games, it is a video game., and there are certainly much better things than play video games when you're " out in public".There really aren't better things to do "out in public" than play video games. Reading books comes close, but most of them are too big to carry in my pocket. You seem to confuse being "out in public" with being out with friends or family. If I'm out hiking or mountain biking or something I'm obviously not playing my DS, but I can't do that every dayAbout "too cool for school", uh yeah maybe it's because we ARE out of school and we're busy with our jobs and our family with little time to play games even in our own house.Exactly why I play when I'm out in public, because I have other responsibilities at home, like parenting. When I'm sitting in a doctor's office or waiting for lunch there really is nothing better to do. Your comment reeks of immaturity and ignorance stemmed from being a kid still going through puberty with no social skills.not nearly as much as yours does

---
I like cheese!!!
#76MasterAdeptAlexPosted 8/25/2013 4:03:54 PM
I already do. Even when I play a game like pokemon, nobody cares.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#77DrakoVongola1Posted 8/25/2013 4:06:39 PM
I don't play in public because I usually have other things to do than sit around playing my 3DS when I'm out >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#78CelesEsperIce3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 4:08:25 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I don't play in public because I usually have other things to do than sit around playing my 3DS when I'm out >_>
Like what? What do you have to do to occupy your time when your out in public with nothing to do?
---
I like cheese!!!
#79kagster123Posted 8/25/2013 4:08:29 PM
I don't have breaks between classes this semester so I probably won't play in public. Anywhere else I go wouldn't work. What, am I supposed to whip out the DS while chilling with my friends at Starbucks and start playing? Worse than gluing my eyes to a cell phone like everyone in this generation already does.

/rant
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#80DrakoVongola1Posted 8/25/2013 4:10:11 PM(edited)
CelesEsperIce3 posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Like what? What do you have to do to occupy your time when your out in public with nothing to do?

Depends on what I'm out doing that day.

If I'm out, it probably means I have something to do.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.