This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but this is what I discovered from my personal experience. In fact, I was so disappointed by the games that actually stopped playing Pokémon for a while and didn't start again until Gen IV came out. It would make sense that FR/LG were created to attract new players, since I believe they were the highest selling Pokémon games out of the main series.
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
fdtl posted...Maetch posted...2) Didn't feel any slower or faster than R/S/E
Not caring about it being slower =/= not being slower.
I loved it. An excellent revision of a game I wanted to enjoy but couldn't.
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
People hate those games? What the ****!?
"Not happy about that? Get over it." -Solid Snake (MGS2)
1) Though getting the Friendship evolutions during the main game would've been nice (I admit that I hacked in a wild Espeon to catch), I thought the original 150 was good enough for Kanto.
1. They weren't good enough for you if you hacked in an Espeon. Even then, having an actual Dark-type would have been nice.
2. Covered already.
3. It doesn't matter if you missed it or not. This was a missing feature.
4. Being better than G/S/C isn't exactly hard to do.
6. Again, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Missing feature.
7. Again, this is about other people. Others found it annoying and you couldn't turn it off.
8. That was Emerald. FR/LG was all about berries.
9. It was still an annoyance.
10. Even then, you'd have to jump down all those ledges to get to there.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
I found it rather bland for a remake, I felt that it was too close to the original. It didn't do anything that really expanded on the original games and the Sevii Islands weren't enough to make up for that.
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
1. They weren't good enough for you if you hacked in an Espeon.
The Espeon was so I could replicate Red's G/S/C team for one of my playthroughs. It had nothing to do with the availability or preference of other Psychic-types.
The artstyle looks terrible, I mean look at the buildings how generic and ugly they are.
Hoenn had the same look but they made it better by adding little details.
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
They're just jealous
Courtesy of Valcrist_Mk2: http://westonticklee.deviantart.com/favourites/
Queen Jiggs' Right hand Man. JiggsNation(Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII and P4G Boards)
My main complaint against it was that there was almost nothing for the veterans of the series. Things like in game tutorials, keeping true to the original, only having the first 150 available for a long while, easier difficulty, and lack of trading or new evolutions were great for new or younger players. However, it left more experienced players by the wayside, because they don't need any of that.
This. FR/LG are the introduction games to the series more than R/B(I don't know how they did that but they did). Also nothing was brought over from Yellow,no Pokemon to walk with you,no Jessie and James,and nothing totally awesome to make me want to buy it if I played R/B/Y/G/S/C avidly. Good thing HG/SS did a better job in my book.
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
Add user to Ignore List after reporting