This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate FR/LG?

#11wheeling_gamerPosted 8/24/2013 8:13:48 PM
My main complaint against it was that there was almost nothing for the veterans of the series. Things like in game tutorials, keeping true to the original, only having the first 150 available for a long while, easier difficulty, and lack of trading or new evolutions were great for new or younger players. However, it left more experienced players by the wayside, because they don't need any of that.

I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but this is what I discovered from my personal experience. In fact, I was so disappointed by the games that actually stopped playing Pokémon for a while and didn't start again until Gen IV came out. It would make sense that FR/LG were created to attract new players, since I believe they were the highest selling Pokémon games out of the main series.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#12fdtlPosted 8/24/2013 11:32:33 PM
Maetch posted...
fdtl posted...
Maetch posted...
2) Didn't feel any slower or faster than R/S/E

You get the running shoes later in FRLG, and there's no Mach Bike.

So what? I'm not a speed demon. I prefer to take my time on a Pokémon game.

Not caring about it being slower =/= not being slower.
#13LightningAce11Posted 8/24/2013 11:33:47 PM
I loved it. An excellent revision of a game I wanted to enjoy but couldn't.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#14SasukefirePosted 8/24/2013 11:42:27 PM
People hate those games? What the ****!?
---
"Not happy about that? Get over it." -Solid Snake (MGS2)
http://funnymama.com/store/130519/179049_v0_600x.png
#15LexifoxPosted 8/24/2013 11:49:57 PM
Maetch posted...
1) Though getting the Friendship evolutions during the main game would've been nice (I admit that I hacked in a wild Espeon to catch), I thought the original 150 was good enough for Kanto.

2) Didn't feel any slower or faster than R/S/E

3) Outside of the Friendship restriction, there was nothing in R/S/E that I missed in FR/LG.

4) Still a better post-game than G/S/C Kanto.

5) Granted.

6) Feh... I find Battle facilities to be a big waste of time. No loss here.

7) Five extra seconds of rapidly tapping A is a deal-breaker? Not to me.

8) Was FR/LG the first game to use the Pokémon's level to decide Pickup odds?

9) At least the majority of it was limited to the beginning of the game like most other games do, and the rest was optional.

10) Granted. They should've made it so that the breeding center in Kanto can take two Pokémon once you've cleared the main story.

1. They weren't good enough for you if you hacked in an Espeon. Even then, having an actual Dark-type would have been nice.

2. Covered already.

3. It doesn't matter if you missed it or not. This was a missing feature.

4. Being better than G/S/C isn't exactly hard to do.

6. Again, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Missing feature.

7. Again, this is about other people. Others found it annoying and you couldn't turn it off.

8. That was Emerald. FR/LG was all about berries.

9. It was still an annoyance.

10. Even then, you'd have to jump down all those ledges to get to there.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16Ari917Posted 8/25/2013 12:06:49 AM
I found it rather bland for a remake, I felt that it was too close to the original. It didn't do anything that really expanded on the original games and the Sevii Islands weren't enough to make up for that.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#17MaetchPosted 8/27/2013 9:35:55 PM
Lexifox posted...
1. They weren't good enough for you if you hacked in an Espeon.

The Espeon was so I could replicate Red's G/S/C team for one of my playthroughs. It had nothing to do with the availability or preference of other Psychic-types.
#18MagmastaPosted 8/27/2013 9:40:15 PM
The artstyle looks terrible, I mean look at the buildings how generic and ugly they are.

Hoenn had the same look but they made it better by adding little details.
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#19westontickleePosted 8/27/2013 9:42:05 PM
They're just jealous
---
Courtesy of Valcrist_Mk2: http://westonticklee.deviantart.com/favourites/
Queen Jiggs' Right hand Man. JiggsNation(Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII and P4G Boards)
#20Rival_Blue_1999Posted 8/27/2013 10:23:22 PM
wheeling_gamer posted...
My main complaint against it was that there was almost nothing for the veterans of the series. Things like in game tutorials, keeping true to the original, only having the first 150 available for a long while, easier difficulty, and lack of trading or new evolutions were great for new or younger players. However, it left more experienced players by the wayside, because they don't need any of that.

I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but this is what I discovered from my personal experience. In fact, I was so disappointed by the games that actually stopped playing Pokémon for a while and didn't start again until Gen IV came out. It would make sense that FR/LG were created to attract new players, since I believe they were the highest selling Pokémon games out of the main series.

This. FR/LG are the introduction games to the series more than R/B(I don't know how they did that but they did). Also nothing was brought over from Yellow,no Pokemon to walk with you,no Jessie and James,and nothing totally awesome to make me want to buy it if I played R/B/Y/G/S/C avidly. Good thing HG/SS did a better job in my book.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14