This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the odds Modest will stil be a good nature for Dialga...

#1kaiser ryuPosted 8/24/2013 8:37:09 PM
... in X/Y? I'm not a competitive player but I don't like outright gimping my Pokemon either. I generally at least try and give them decent natures.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#2GrimlockSmashPosted 8/24/2013 8:38:30 PM
Well if you're going for a Special Attack orientated Dialga, Timid or Modest is a must. But if you wanna go for an all-out attacker, go for Mild nature (+Sp. Atk, -Def.)
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 2710-1782-3720
GT: DvA Infamy
#3nro87Posted 8/24/2013 8:38:50 PM
Stats aren't going to change, so anything that is good now should still be good in Gen 6.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#4kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:02:00 PM
nro87 posted...
Stats aren't going to change, so anything that is good now should still be good in Gen 6.

Yeah that feels like the appropriate intuitive stance but looking at Dialga gen 4 to 5 a lot changed. Modest nature seems to have gotten a lot more use as the series got faster and more aggressive.

I'm pretty confident in taking Modest now all the same. Thanks for the replies.
---
#5Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 8/24/2013 9:32:49 PM
there will never be a nature thats better for dialga
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#6AllBizBlastoisePosted 8/25/2013 10:54:01 PM
What I do is take an R4 and do the mystery event. Check the nature, if I don't like it, I replace my save file with a backup and do the event again.

If I get a nature I want, then I copy my save file and put it into a different folder and then I repeat the process until I get one of each of the main natures (modest, mild, hasty, timid, careful, adament).. It's pretty cool, if anyone needs any Dialga's with a certain nature, I can clone.
#7kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:29:55 PM
Meh, I wound up settling on the third modest with like, an 8 IV in SpA. Two hours and modest barely comes up 3 times... bleh.

Yes, the other two times were worse.
---