This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If all pokemon evolved from Mew, then what did Man evolve from?

#21MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 2:28:53 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
Technically, she still can...

Need I remind you Gardevoir can be a 'he'?
#22gladwyn101Posted 8/25/2013 6:04:36 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
Mew. Yamask used to be human, but is now a pokemon, and all pokemon are descended from mew. Your mind was just blown.

If all Pokemon are descended from Mew, then Arceus is descended from Mew even though Mew didn't exist at the time. Maybe Celebi took Mew back to a time before the universe existed and Mew did "something" that would make the egg that Arceus hatched from. Therefore, Mew created the universe. Your mind just imploded.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#23Soul_of_YveltalPosted 8/25/2013 6:07:45 PM
Cedlow posted...
Socran posted...
javel34 posted...
Also its stated Pokémon and humans used to be close enough marry and sex each other up.

The crap? Where did you get that idea?

Anywho, I've always liked the idea that humans actually came from a seperate universe than Pokemon. At some point, a legendary Pokemon summoned humans from a different world to fulfill the Pokemon's need for a symbiotic relationship. That is to say, since they couldn't form their own civilization, they elevated themselves from their "wild" status by bringing in a civilized species that would take them on as partners.

It's from that library in DPP but the books in the libary only Said this in the Japanese versions of the game.

Yep. In the english games it just said they share a common ancestor.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#24jakestar0306Posted 8/25/2013 6:52:44 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
jakestar0306 posted...

True, but try finding some fanart that depicts Gardevoir as a 'he.'
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#25NessEggmanPosted 8/25/2013 6:57:16 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
jakestar0306 posted...

True, but try finding some fanart that depicts Gardevoir as a 'he.'

I could link you to a ton, but it's against the TOS.

Anyway, according to the lore in the games, humans were most likely once Pokémon, but somehow developed into humans. This is probably why Pokémon can understand human speech, and that Pokémon seem very connected to humans and much more similar to humans than IRL animals are similar to humans.

Even in the English version of DPP (I don't actually know what the JP version says -- if anyone has screenshots or something, I'd appreciate it!) it strongly hints that humans were once Pokémon, or at least on the same level as Pokémon, saying things about how they lived together and ate from the same table and stuff like that (essentially just using metaphors to say 'they were the same').

So humans probably came from Mew, as well.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#26RDS1Posted 8/25/2013 7:05:00 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
cosmicstarfish1 posted...
mankeys

http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=50

GAAAAH, YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#27pokemon2pokerPosted 8/25/2013 7:37:00 PM
Mew too?
---
A+E