This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people think that the Johto games were the best games?

#1mexicannonPosted 8/25/2013 8:25:48 AM
Johto by itself is a very small region when comparing it to others. Almost every town/city has a gym leader, the level gap between gyms can be horrible, and the general map layout is bad (Many routes are connected to other routes but is usually blocked by something or you can only go from one direction). My reasoning is that if Kanto was never added to it, then Johto wouldn't be such a small and rushed region and the general map layout would be much better. Obviously this is my opinion, but surely when looking at g/s/c you can tell the games have a "different feel" than other games
#2LexifoxPosted 8/25/2013 8:26:53 AM
Nostalgia.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3fahademonPosted 8/25/2013 8:28:21 AM
Lugia.

'Nuff said.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.
#4fddsfsasfPosted 8/25/2013 8:28:38 AM
the biggest problem I had with johto is that johto itself has like 90% kanto pokes in it.

G/S/C really does feel like more of an expansion pack than anything else. still fun though.
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/25/2013 8:28:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6CA0001Posted 8/25/2013 8:29:33 AM
Nostalgia is a poison that holds people back and traps them in their memories.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#7JarickoPosted 8/25/2013 8:29:58 AM
Johto was fairly well used space and then when your finished with it... Kanto 3 years later granted!
It was the pokemon sequel before black and white 2 were. It also introduced the version legends but it let you have all of them. All of the starters were great pokemon although the grass starter was at such a disadvantage for most of the Johto gyms of you pick it.

And it was the generation that helped fix Psychic types. Steel and Dark types were nice additions.
---
I like Lances!
#8mexicannon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 8:31:07 AM
fddsfsasf posted...
the biggest problem I had with johto is that johto itself has like 90% kanto pokes in it.

G/S/C really does feel like more of an expansion pack than anything else. still fun though.

Yeah, I feel this way too. Sometimes for me it becomes hard to distinguish some Johto pokemon from Kanto pokemon. And yeah, nostalgia is also probably a big factor as well
#9AlrediphPosted 8/25/2013 8:32:45 AM
Gen IV is widely regarded (and rightfully so) to have been the pinnacle of the Pokémon series. No one thinks Johto games were the best. Where did you get that from?
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/25/2013 8:34:52 AM(edited)
Alrediph posted...
Gen IV is widely regarded (and rightfully so) to have been the pinnacle of the Pokémon series. No one thinks Johto games were the best. Where did you get that from?

Not here they aren't (and rightfully so)

The only thing Gen IV did right was HGSS and its amazing, beautiful music.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.