This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new gym leader theme is horrible

#11SocranPosted 8/25/2013 11:09:53 AM
el_tercer_poder posted...
The video description said that it's a "recreation" (which I suspected as much, given the instruments used)...so maybe it's MUCH better than what this person tried to recreate, heh.

Even that name is inaccurate. It's not "recreated" from anything, it's just something that Youtuber made up from scratch. We haven't heard the gym theme in this game at all, and that sounds absolutely nothing like a song that would ever appear in a Pokemon game.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/25/2013 11:11:12 AM
Socran posted...
el_tercer_poder posted...
The video description said that it's a "recreation" (which I suspected as much, given the instruments used)...so maybe it's MUCH better than what this person tried to recreate, heh.

Even that name is inaccurate. It's not "recreated" from anything, it's just something that Youtuber made up from scratch. We haven't heard the gym theme in this game at all, and that sounds absolutely nothing like a song that would ever appear in a Pokemon game.

Yep. I've noticed many people putting a song on something that hasn't happened yet. Seems really stupid to pose it as such. (Or at least most of them do.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13Hughs_RagePosted 8/25/2013 11:13:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they announce that song as the "Gym TRAINER" theme?

Pretty sure that implies that this theme is for the trainers in the Gym rather then the leaders themselves...
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#14yoshirulezz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 7:22:50 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they announce that song as the "Gym TRAINER" theme?

Pretty sure that implies that this theme is for the trainers in the Gym rather then the leaders themselves...

Huh? Do you have any sources on when they announced that?
---
At your current user level, 5, you are only allowed to post 10 messages every 24 hours. In the past 24 hours, you have posted 27 messages.
#15SuperSonicDBZPosted 8/26/2013 7:29:11 PM
Aww. That does sound disappointing. :/ Oh well. :(
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#16KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/26/2013 7:29:44 PM
I like the music on its own, but it doesn't sound like a BGM for a battle scene.

Hopefully this is indeed just a remake.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#17Tigo73Posted 8/26/2013 7:31:34 PM
Just want to restate that itīs a recreation, composed by hear, through the barrage of clapping. There were even comments from people who were there saying that It wa snot like that, and the real thing was faster paced.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#18ChiefColePosted 8/26/2013 7:32:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19uuurrrgghPosted 8/26/2013 7:34:23 PM
Nado6 posted...
It's not horrible but I get what you mean there's this huge build up at the beginning than just goes calm all of a sudden

---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#20surferguy7Posted 8/26/2013 7:42:53 PM
ITT: We pretend as if we've actually heard the theme.

The song itself was played for 30 seconds at the most and sounded much more upbeat even though the theme was barely audible.

The most Utuber got right was the main riff, even then, it probably sounds completely different in-game compared to the loud obnoxious clapping that plagues every video of the theme.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.