This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BW HELP! Doing a mono Poison type run in White!

#1Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/25/2013 11:27:49 AM
Hi guys, since there is better traffic here I decided to post it on this board.

I am planning on doing a mono Poison type run in my White version and this is the team I plan on using...
-Zubat
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Koffing
-Gastly
-Tentacool

Any help with my team, if I should change any around or dump some of them would be appreciated.
I've never done any nuzlockes or any other variety out of the conventional way of playing these games...so I don't even know what I'm doing!
Is this alright?
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#2tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/25/2013 11:35:06 AM(edited)
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
-Zubat
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Koffing
-Gastly
-Tentacool

I'm actually replaying Black 2 right now with my old Emerald team to see how well I do. I did do an all fighting type run of Platinum once. That was fun.

Venipede seems good. But what about Dustox? It can get psychic and flying attacks as well I think. Grass too.

You have Koffing to avoid ground attacks. Gengar can handle psychics easily enough. But maybe something that nullifies them completely. Drapion or Skuntank?

Edit: I'm brilliant. Totally didn't see the Zubat. Derp. Well Dustox can still provide some friendly psychic attacks. Also wow, three that are immune to ground (barring Mold Breaker). Cool.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#3BottledPoePosted 8/25/2013 11:37:57 AM
Whenever people say "mono >type< run" I always just think they're going to use exclusively Poison type, no dual types. Poison type run works fine IMO.

Anyway, poison types are in my top 5 favorites for sure. I think your team is fine. It covers a decent amount of weakness, depending on the attacks you teach them.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835- Jenna from Tea Leaf Town
I am a Time Traveler. I do not dupe.
#4Rayquaza_is_Z(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:40:14 AM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
-Zubat
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Koffing
-Gastly
-Tentacool

I'm actually replaying Black 2 right now with my old Emerald team to see how well I do. I did do an all fighting type run of Platinum once. That was fun.

Venipede seems good. But what about Dustox? It can get psychic and flying attacks as well I think. Grass too.

You have Koffing to avoid ground attacks. Gengar can handle psychics easily enough. But maybe something that nullifies them completely. Drapion or Skuntank?

Edit: I'm brilliant. Totally didn't see the Zubat. Derp. Well Dustox can still provide some friendly psychic attacks. Also wow, three that are immune to ground (barring Mold Breaker). Cool.

Dustox? Hmm, which one do you think I should switch it out for?

Also, with Skorupi --> Drapion..I will have the null Psychic coverage. I tried being a bit erratic since all of these Pokemon I've never used in a main file besides Zubat's line.
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
#5Rayquaza_is_Z(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:44:12 AM
BottledPoe posted...
Whenever people say "mono >type< run" I always just think they're going to use exclusively Poison type, no dual types. Poison type run works fine IMO.

Anyway, poison types are in my top 5 favorites for sure. I think your team is fine. It covers a decent amount of weakness, depending on the attacks you teach them.

Thanks.
Any suggestions on what type of Attacks or TM I should have on them before sending them over? Something unconventional, that not a lot of people uses?
I have all the Pokemon on my White 2 version and will be transferring them over to White 1.
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
#6DuncanwiiPosted 8/25/2013 11:47:21 AM
I would suggest White 2, since you can get Zubat right after the Second Gym, Koffing before it, and Venipede before the first in that game. Also Seviper, Muk, Roserade, Amoongus, and Drapion all in-game.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#7NessEggmanPosted 8/25/2013 11:50:41 AM
Wait you're just trading in the Pokémon?

That kinda defeats the purpose of a monotype challenge IMO
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#8Missingno_MastrPosted 8/25/2013 11:50:58 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Hi guys, since there is better traffic here I decided to post it on this board.

I am planning on doing a mono Poison type run in my White version and this is the team I plan on using...
-Zubat
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Koffing
-Gastly
-Tentacool

Any help with my team, if I should change any around or dump some of them would be appreciated.
I've never done any nuzlockes or any other variety out of the conventional way of playing these games...so I don't even know what I'm doing!
Is this alright?

I approve. Looks like a good, balanced team. Drapion and Weezing alone can cover each other's weaknesses, and what with Tentacruel and Crobat, you got the HMs covered. Very nicely done, I look forward to hearing how this team does. :)
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#9Rayquaza_is_Z(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:56:04 AM
Duncanwii posted...
I would suggest White 2, since you can get Zubat right after the Second Gym, Koffing before it, and Venipede before the first in that game. Also Seviper, Muk, Roserade, Amoongus, and Drapion all in-game.

Thanks, but I've already decided on White. Not to mention the fact on an almost complete Pokedex on my white 2, but most importantly my Join Avenue is at Lv 42!! I am not restarting my White 2 lol

NessEggman posted...
Wait you're just trading in the Pokémon?

That kinda defeats the purpose of a monotype challenge IMO

Yeah x/
I've pretty much burned thru the game with EVERY possible team to make in White. Also, since you can't get any old Pokemon before you beat it, it'd be a nice decent change.

Missingno_Mastr posted...
I approve. Looks like a good, balanced team. Drapion and Weezing alone can cover each other's weaknesses, and what with Tentacruel and Crobat, you got the HMs covered. Very nicely done, I look forward to hearing how this team does. :)

---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
#10tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/25/2013 12:22:00 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
-Zubat
-Skorupi
-Croagunk
-Koffing
-Gastly
-Tentacool

Dustox? Hmm, which one do you think I should switch it out for?

Also, with Skorupi --> Drapion..I will have the null Psychic coverage. I tried being a bit erratic since all of these Pokemon I've never used in a main file besides Zubat's line.

I really should be fully awake when I read topics...

I saw "Skorupi" but for some reason read it as "Scolipede". Ugh. You may not need Dustox. That team looks pretty solid.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.