This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs Create-A-Team?

#1SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 12:38:11 PM
Okay. So I was wondering if the more competitively-oriented community on here would be interested in, between us, coming up with a Pokemon team online play.

It would probably have to be Smogon OU (since it's the most popular tier it's more likely people are familiar with it) or VGC style (as these are official Nintendo rules). More likely OU I think, since doubles are... harder.

So, idk. Post here if you're interesting in making a team as a community. If there's sufficient people here who want to get involved, I'll head it up.

Also, I'd be more than happy for less-experienced players (even those who've never done online play before) to try and get involved with the team if they want to get online. It gives them a way of getting into the metagame.
#2All-icePosted 8/25/2013 12:43:43 PM
I don't see this going well since many people will want their favorite Pokemon in the team.

Also everyone's play style is different.
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory" ~ Naz
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#3javel34Posted 8/25/2013 12:45:22 PM
Charizard
Puff
Dunsparce
Skyla
Filler
Feet.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#4Roc_RaidaPosted 8/25/2013 12:46:52 PM
If we're making a Smogon OU singles team can we make a team around the current suspect, Keldeo?
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#5Luce_ImperiusPosted 8/25/2013 12:48:00 PM
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You want the board as a whole (well, those wanting to participate and not troll) to come up with an OU team?
---
Yes my worldview is the Christian one. Yes I'm a gamer. I respect you as much as you respect these two things.
#6fahademonPosted 8/25/2013 12:48:11 PM
All-ice posted...
I don't see this going well since many people will want their favorite Pokemon in the team.

This,pretty much.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.
#7SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 12:58:41 PM
fahademon posted...
All-ice posted...

This,pretty much.

It worked well enough elsewhere, so I thought it would be worth a try. There's more steps to it than "Pick 6 Pokemon NAO". You determine the tier, then what playstyle the team will be based around (rain, HO, weatherless offense, blah). Then you start suggesting Pokemon. You would have a few people whittle the suggestions down (by basically excluding the troll votes), then you'd put it to a vote. Majority rules. Repeat for 6 Pokemon, go off and test it.

It's well and good to say you don't think it will work, but we won't know until we try. Given GameFAQ's community? I'm inclined to say it won't. I agree with you there, but I think I'd like to give it a try.
#8SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:00:33 PM
Luce_Imperius posted...
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You want the board as a whole (well, those wanting to participate and not troll) to come up with an OU team?

Yes.

Roc_Raida posted...
If we're making a Smogon OU singles team can we make a team around the current suspect, Keldeo?

Personally, I'd rather exclude Keldeo just in case it were to get banned BUT if other people wanted to use Keldeo I wouldn't object.
#9Luce_ImperiusPosted 8/25/2013 1:02:18 PM
How will we decide on the team theme? Once I know the theme I can start brainstorming. Looks like we need more people first anyways :P
---
Yes my worldview is the Christian one. Yes I'm a gamer. I respect you as much as you respect these two things.
#10SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:03:19 PM
There'll be a poll, probably. I can't actually post polls due to my user rank, so I'll get someone else to post one...