This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since after Gen II, there have just been way too many Pokemon.

#121Chaos_MissilePosted 8/25/2013 10:00:41 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
the_doctor1013 posted...
your all such babys, I agree with TC. Well sort of, I look foward to seeing the new pokemon every gen its the most interesting part of Pokemon and honestly its main selling point. But saying that Gamefreak relying on quantity over quality is not a genwunner statement its mostly true. It doesnt mean he hates new pokemon games, he never said that he just stated an opinion chill children.

Almost every single one of gen 2's pokemon sucked, it had no quality or quantity. Go, play Gold or Silver, see how many gen 2 pokemon make it on your team

Off the top of my head, these are the ones that were any good: Ampharos, Tyranitar, Heracross, Feraliator, Typhlosion, Crosbat. That's about it. I like using pokemon exclusive to a new region in the first set of games for that gen, but that's damn near impossible in Gen 2.

+1

My exact same thoughts about Gen 2 as well.

What I can remember of my original Gold team from many years back is 2 Gen 1 and 1 Gen 2. And said Gen 2 is the STARTER.

When I finally got a chance to play HeartGold about 2 years back, I tried to make a Gen 2 team. My final team composition prior to the E4 was 2 Gen 2 mons, the rest were Gen 1.

I am now attempting to build a team for Red, and I STILL can find any additional Gen 2 mons to include in the team. Cant trade, so no Scizor or Steelix or Kingdra. Dont need Houndoom because of Typlosion. Trying not to be typical and train a Heracross. Already used a HootHoot in Platinum and I dont fancy using it again. Forrestres...is kinda underwhelming. Because I'm playing HG, so no Ursaring and I'm not a big fan of Donphan.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#122Sloth9230Posted 8/25/2013 10:19:11 PM
Ooh, that's right, I forgot Houndoom. It's a damn shame he isn't available till Kanto -_-

Yeah, my E4 team was Crobat, Feraligator, Ampharos, Nidoking, Arcanine, and Scyther.
#123ExcIusivity69Posted 8/25/2013 10:44:19 PM
FaustXII posted...
I would be thankful it dies because maybe then Nintendo will finally focus on making new franchises or new games and concepts that are desperately needed. (Latest nintendo craze has been Pikmin and Kid Icarus in what, 10 years?)

That doesn't make any sense. Have you forgotten that Nintendo does not own the Pokemon franchise 100%? Even if Nintendo chooses not to make any Pokemon games, it's not going to stop GameFreak from making more installments to their only money maker. Unless GameFreak miraculously creates a new franchise that makes more money than Pokemon, they won't stop.... And then there's Creatures Inc. Then again, Nintendo owns Creatures... But Nintendo does not own GameFreak, and GameFreak does not have as much IPs that Nintendo has to survive, and Pokemon is all they've got.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#124pey_the_manPosted 8/25/2013 10:51:33 PM
Sorry TC, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. The way the game plays out is what makes me love the Pokemon Franchise more and more, and I started from Pokemon Red. Each new game introduces its own region's Pokemon first when you play the game, so you will almost never feel any sort of overwhelming feeling. Near the end of the game, sure an Elite 4 member may pull out another region's Pokemon, and I really like this because it slowly introduces any new players what other region's Pokemon are. After you beat the game (beating the Elite 4), the region will fully unlock and other region's Pokemon are introduced.

I have never felt overwhelmed by the fact that there are 649 Pokemon, and I never will with Pokemon X and Y adding even more to the mix. For me, playing each new Pokemon game is refreshing and brings a sense of thrill because I can't wait to build a team full of strong and new Pokemon. I remember playing Pokemon Heart Gold, and I loved the feeling of what it was like to replay Generation 2 with Generation 4 Pokemon like Garchomp. It was incredibly nostalgic and heartwarming to go against Red on Mt. Silver in HeartGold, and I was really excited to battle Generation 1 Pokemon with Generation 4 Pokemon.

I have never forgettenwhat my old team was in each Generation, even from Pokemon Red. Pokemon has achieved the status of legendary in the gaming industry, and I think it's variety with every new generation heavily contributes to that.
---
Hi mom.
#125LightningAce11Posted 8/25/2013 11:06:29 PM
ITT: pokemon fans and people who whine about how their childhood was destroyed by innovation.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#126Reginleif20Posted 8/25/2013 11:20:34 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
ITT: pokemon fans and people who whine about how their childhood was destroyed by innovation.

Because more Pokemon = innovation
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#127LightningAce11Posted 8/25/2013 11:43:22 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

Because more Pokemon = innovation

Because new features, better graphics, better storyline, new type, new Pokemon, new tms, new characters = innovation

Stop being so butthurt.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#128FaustXIIPosted 8/26/2013 3:07:45 AM
ZTIger5 posted...
FaustXII posted...
Wow. The pokefanboys marked my message for deletion just because I'm glad there's so many pokemon they'll eventually have to (thankfully) kill this franchise? There, said it again.

Weep.

Truth too hard to bear? <3

Seriously, think of the future. 100s of new pokemon each gen. More and more and more, until they start running out of ideas (the ridiculous candelabra pokemon anyone?) or there are just so many, it loses it's charm and people start to forget about it.

I mean, how many pokemon do you think will exist in 30 years?

I would be thankful it dies because maybe then Nintendo will finally focus on making new franchises or new games and concepts that are desperately needed. (Latest nintendo craze has been Pikmin and Kid Icarus in what, 10 years?)

Frankly, it would be a relief if they stop before they're completely drained of all remaining originality for the sake of maintaining their pride. On that point I must agree.

Still, you give off a very obnoxious vibe.

LOL I'm just messing around really. I was a little bitter they flagged my message earlier for no reason. I didn't insult anyone, just voiced my opinion. Incredible.

Anyway yeah, sorry. The obnoxious vibe is for fun. ;) Pokemon games are fun, it's just that I haven't really played one since Ruby. And I miss the Stadium series. Colossus had some good music too. Why didn't they keep going in that direction? Mixing FF and Pokemon, giving the franchise a breath of life maybe.
#129hors_doeuvresPosted 8/26/2013 4:41:54 AM
Also, TC, you forget that the majority of Pokemon evolve. Meaning if you count evolution lines as one pokemon, you'd end up with around 300-400. You only need to catch around half or two thirds of the 600+ and just evolve the rest.

Kinda flawed, but you probably got what I meant.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#130DLOArceusPosted 8/26/2013 5:36:44 AM
RuffnTumble posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...
I still hold a candle for the Pokemon brand, though the reasons you listed above deterred me from playing when I got round to Sapphire. The Pokemon didn't hold any appeal to me anymore, as I really liked how with the first two generations you could relate to the animals.
Then things inevitably, went weird.

To counter argue, it was the only way to keep making Pokemon games.

What the hell does this mean?

FaustXII posted...
Anyway yeah, sorry. The obnoxious vibe is for fun. ;) Pokemon games are fun, it's just that I haven't really played one since Ruby. And I miss the Stadium series. Colossus had some good music too. Why didn't they keep going in that direction? Mixing FF and Pokemon, giving the franchise a breath of life maybe.

How does Colosseum "mix FF" into Pokèmon? Also Colosseum is just decent. The very thought of giving you a limited roster on a game about CATCHING NUMEROUS SPECIES is bad.

There's nothing wrong with the games. You've just grown tired of it.

And for the guy talking about Chandelure: i suggest you go look at the first 251, then go into the side of a room with a donkey hat.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707