This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since after Gen II, there have just been way too many Pokemon.

#61MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/25/2013 3:12:56 PM
Mynameispaul96 posted...
I say make more.

This.

TC, think of it like this:
Gen 1 introduced 151 pokemon. Because there was originally only supposed to be 150, I'll be using that number for this example.
If GF decided to keep that trend...introduce 150 pokemon per generation. We'd, right now, have 750 pokemon, and after X & Y we'd have 900.
We don't have 750 and we won't have 900. This is a good thing, because there's only so many things you can actually do.
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#62Nado6Posted 8/25/2013 3:15:07 PM
Make billions of more pokemon

Make something as silly as a Fan Pokemon...Oh wait :P

Anyway being serious I don't get what people mean I've always liked getting new pokemon each Gen
#63Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/25/2013 3:15:49 PM
Screw limiting Pokemon.

The more options for everyone the better.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#64Decon082Posted 8/25/2013 3:28:47 PM
To be fair, no game so far has had more than 300 or so Pokemon in the regional dex. Sure there may be 649 Pokemon and even more to come, but a maximum of 300 isn't that many to pick up on. Also, none of the 300 in BW2 were new. The most Pokemon available in the first game of a generation (besides Gen 2 which featured most of the same old ones) was 200 in Hoenn/Sinnoh.

So you're saying that 250 Pokemon in Gen 2 wasn't too many, but 200 in Gen 3 is? And most of the others are only used in Battle Facilities or found by new means in the wild after getting the National Dex, so it's not like you have to keep up with 649 Pokemon all at once.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#65NorkenPosted 8/25/2013 3:44:29 PM
MissCarriage posted...
Even though I liked all the generations, I have to say I somewhat agree with the TC.

I can't imagine being a kid getting into the game at Gen 5 or 6. Its just too overwhelming of a task to "catch em all" let alone learn 'em all.

I remember "beating" Pokemon Blue and feeling so accomplished with myself. I spent more time on that game than any other game in my life, and it felt amazing to say that I managed to complete my Pokedex (bar Mew >_>).

Of course, I still enjoyed the next installments, but it must really be difficult for new players to get into the franchise with such a large burden of knowledge to take up upon themselves. I mean, they'd have to not only learn the Pokemon and their movesets, but also their type advantages/disadvantages, abilities, locations, etc. I think the sheer amount of information needed to be "good" at the game is partly the cause of why Pokemon is no longer as popular as it was before.

This

Sebas27 posted...
Would there really be more enjoyment in using the same Pokemon over and over again, instead of experimenting with and learning about a new creature?

This is ultimately my problem with the logic behind those who say there's too much Pokemon, asides from subjective views(they get uglier each Gen).

Dude most of the new pokemon suck, because of their stats. Are there a few who are good? Yes. Is it worth having 100 new pokemon each gen when only 20 of those 100 are actually usable? No.
The problem with pokemon is that it has not created gameplay to warrant the new addition of most of the new pokemon. Especially since
everything is geared toward battling. You battle team rocket clone, you battle Elite 4, and you battle the champion. They used to have a beauty contest but I believe that, that has been taken away. So what is the purpose of having all of those useless pokemon?

And don't give me that FEAR rattata crap or any other gimicks like baton passing to make a weak pokemon viable.

Gamefreak needs to find a creative use for these stat inferior pokemon, because POWER CREEP is a serious problem.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#66SquirrelgatePosted 8/25/2013 3:47:39 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Bibarel and now Talonflame are the only ones that even attempt to be a little different.

Staraptor attempted to be different by bein actually usable.
---
~http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/229-music-top-40/62258145~
http://i.imgur.com/FAsBe5D.gif
#67NorkenPosted 8/25/2013 3:58:11 PM
Squirrelgate posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
Bibarel and now Talonflame are the only ones that even attempt to be a little different.

Staraptor attempted to be different by bein actually usable.

Attempted, but failed.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#68MonadAlvisPosted 8/25/2013 3:59:03 PM
Wait. In which game could you complete the Pokedex without trading? o.O
---
A million monkeys typing on a million keyboards will eventually guess the SSBU roster.
#69finchusedPosted 8/25/2013 4:02:10 PM
You'd probably whine far more if they had kept the 350 or so and after that just changed regions. I'm ProChoices. And the more Pokemon, the more choices. Plus I'd get bored using the same 20 or so Pokemon. One of the things I try to do is use all new ones of that gen so I can feel like I'm not playing the same thing I played last year. X and Y looks quite fresh, there is a ton more then just additional Pokemon here.
---
6 GB RAM, Intel i7 2.66 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
#70Sword_of_DuskPosted 8/25/2013 4:06:17 PM
Why is this even a complaint? That's almost like saying there are too many species of animals in the world. I'm gonna explain something, and I hope I make some sense here.

There are many Pokemon because it'd be very odd to have all these different regions, yet have all of them have the exact same Pokemon. That would be a waste of designing a whole new region. The point is to have each one have their own flavors of Pokemon, similar to how different places in the world have different varieites of the same type of animal.

Variety is important, even if some aren't usable in the competitive scene. Look at Yu-Gi-Oh. How many of those cheap basic monsters do people really use? Not many. They're there to add variety, though of the ambient type, if that makes any sense.
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.