This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some of you think all Pokemon Characters are Underage?

#1flamethrowalrusPosted 8/25/2013 12:21:03 PM
Sorry for another topic in such a close amount of time, but I have to go on a rant. Why do people seem to think that all Pokemon characters are ten years old? Just because Ash is ten, does that mean Red is still ten? They exist in two different universes, and one is based off the other. In generation two, a few years have passed. So because Misty in the anime is 12, and Misty in Red and Blue is unknown, liking Misty's second gen design makes me a pedophile? Another thing entirely is how some characters are more mature than others. So because Ash being ten, and by some logic Red being ten, Gold is ten now too? Just because that is when you can get a Pokemon, does that mean you have to get one at ten? Probably not. Then, as if what I previously said isn't good enough, you have characters like Professor Oak clearly being old. But by some people, he's still ten too!

I'm just annoyed. You think 10 year-olds are models that go on cat-walks like Elesa? No, but being attracted to her means people have to put up with this -_-
---
~Woop Woop Chicken Soup~
#2MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 12:31:59 PM
First of all, it's clear that in the games universe you can get Pokemon at avery young age (that's why the Preschooler trainer class exist).

Second, some people think that the in the game must be the same age as their anime counterparts, which clearly isn't the case. Mostly, the player characters. But, Red was (at least in R/B/Y) 11 years old as opposed to Ash's 10. The other player characters seem to be at least 12 to me, peaking with Hilbert and Hilda that are probably around 15 years at least.

Third, I don't think anyone thinks the likes of Elesa, Sabrina or Winona (for example) are 10 years old.
#3Goten55Posted 8/25/2013 12:33:52 PM
Simple answer: Because people apply Anime logic to the games. But you can't do that because of certain characters like Iris.
---
Summer of Juvia Lockser!
http://i.imgur.com/Sg7Y6oU.gif http://i.imgur.com/VoQ8ekP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/P8XK3e0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MnwAaWi.jpg
#4wind64aPosted 8/25/2013 12:49:10 PM
It has more to do with people thinking the likes of Roxie and Leaf are 18+ just so that they feel comfortable posting racey comments about, or pictures of them. Clearly Professor Oak is an old man.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#5LightningHawk90Posted 8/25/2013 1:09:42 PM
Topic translation: "The characters aren't underaged, so it's okay for me to find them attractive"
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 1:11:32 PM
Cynthia's clearly and adult so I'm fine.
#7MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 1:20:55 PM
RageKaiser posted...
Topic translation: "The characters aren't underaged, so it's okay for me to find them attractive"

Well, to be fair, not all of them are underage. I think the underage ones are the MC's, Misty, Iris, maybe Flannery, Maylene and Candice, and the rivals.

But the entirety of the Elite 4 members and a good chunk of Gym Leaders aren't underage.

And TC sorta has a point, about people thinking that the MC's have to be 10 just because Ash is 10 in the anime, which is faulty logic.
#8flamethrowalrus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:48:14 PM
RageKaiser posted...

They aren't; at least some anyway.

I know it is possible that my logic works both ways, and some are actually young. But then I have a legitimate question: where then, does the manga fall if the characters age? I read somewhere the ages of the characters, and Misty was something like 21 at the end of 14? She looks about the same in all media, but how can a character be 12, something unknown, and 21? (or whatever she is by the end of Adventures 14)

What would that mean hmm?
---
~Woop Woop Chicken Soup~
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 1:51:28 PM
flamethrowalrus posted...
RageKaiser posted...

I know it is possible that my logic works both ways, and some are actually young. But then I have a legitimate question: where then, does the manga fall if the characters age? I read somewhere the ages of the characters, and Misty was something like 21 at the end of 14? She looks about the same in all media, but how can a character be 12, something unknown, and 21? (or whatever she is by the end of Adventures 14)

That mangaverse, animeverse and gamesverse are all different from each other?
#10flamethrowalrus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 1:55:55 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
flamethrowalrus posted...
RageKaiser posted...

That mangaverse, animeverse and gamesverse are all different from each other?

So if I like manga Misty then it isn't strange.
(Also,I'm not even of age yet :P)
---
~Woop Woop Chicken Soup~