This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Type Chart Balancing - Why GF Goofed Up

#11wyvernflyer128Posted 8/25/2013 2:00:45 PM
Actually the body could fight off the toxin, you would need a lot of poison to really shutdown a fighter
---
Black FC: 4685 2340 6747
Name: SethZ
#12Ari917Posted 8/25/2013 2:09:58 PM(edited)
1) Most Poison types have nothing to do with acid, poison deals more with toxicity and diseases, neither of which would affect steel at all. Plus, it gives some Pokemon a way around being worn down by Poison.

2) Water is used to dillute acid and poisons, it goes both ways. Being equal actually fits.

3) Actually, fighters are more adept at fighting off poisons and diseases due to having a stronger body. In-game though, maybe I could see this working but it's not necessary.

4) I can understand ground but not really water, ice is just a state of water and if you put ice in water it melts easily.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#13SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 2:10:05 PM
MissCarriage posted...

Fighting types are weak to Psychics because they overwhelm their minds and prevent them from fighting properly.

Fighting types are weak to Psychics 'cause brain over brawn.
#14Krio Lv3Posted 8/25/2013 2:10:09 PM
I agree with the TC honestly, it was kinda me who first suggested the Poison > Fighting thing, and I'm starting to go with water as well.

As for others.

Steel should not resist Grass, honestly Nature is longer lasting if you need Logic, and there is no reason for Steel to need a resistance to it.

I could see Water also being SE vs Electric, but that's nitpicking :p. Electric having one Weakness though is silly, maybe Steel could be SE vs Electric.

Dark should resist but not be immune to Psychic.

This is partly why I'd like to see other types get added in to help Grass and Ice, Light for example:

Offensive:
2x: Dark
Dragon
Ghost

0.5: Grass
Ice
Water
Steel

Defensive:
0.5:
Electric
Fairy

2x:
Dark
Poison

Sound could easily give Grass a defensive boost since Nature is enhanced by music (science :p), however it'd have to hit Ice for SE due to avalanches, but Abomasnow would take neutral damage that's something :p.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#15sniper_zeroPosted 8/26/2013 5:01:49 AM
Krio Lv3 posted...
Steel should not resist Grass, honestly Nature is longer lasting if you need Logic, and there is no reason for Steel to need a resistance to it.

Try breaking steel with leaves or wood. I doubt you'd do anything but leave a scratch it at most. And I don't really think it's about which lasts longer. Steel also represents technological advancement and against that, there's not really a whole lot Nature could do about it.
#16PrettyTonyTigerPosted 8/26/2013 5:08:37 AM
sniper_zero posted...
Krio Lv3 posted...

Try breaking steel with leaves or wood. I doubt you'd do anything but leave a scratch it at most. And I don't really think it's about which lasts longer. Steel also represents technological advancement and against that, there's not really a whole lot Nature could do about it.

Have you seen how plants grow over EVERYTHING? Including man made structures over time, like look in cracks on asphault and there's all kinds of plants growing out.
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree (so far): 9!!
#17SammuthegreatPosted 8/26/2013 5:10:55 AM
roxbury1990 posted...
Why doesn't anyone EVER mention grass?

Agreed. Grass is NVE against too many types.
#18Mikey_RPosted 8/26/2013 5:27:08 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Have you seen how plants grow over EVERYTHING? Including man made structures over time, like look in cracks on asphault and there's all kinds of plants growing out.

Growing over something isn't the same as growing through it. Yes, plants and trees are very good at growing through stuff, but not steel.

--

Also, if we are applying real world logic electric should not be super effective against water as pure water is not very good at conducting electricity.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#19Missingno_MastrPosted 8/26/2013 5:38:49 AM
MissCarriage posted...
1. Steel should not be immune to Poison. This never made any sense to me. GP - Gameplay wise, Poison did not need any more of a nerf from Gen 1 -> Gen 2. Poison already lost its SE advantage on Bug, and now its not even able to damage Steel types? Why, GF? Steel already gets so many free resistances to types that don't even make sense that adding an immunity just makes it seem like GF hates the Poison type. RW - Acids are known to react very harshly with metals, not just bounce off them with no effect.

2. Poison should be SE against Water. RW - Pollution. GP - Water is too good of a typing defensively, and Poison needs an offensive boost (although if it gets neutral damage vs. Steel than this isn't necessary).

3. Poison should be SE against Fighting. RW - Try poisoning a martial artist and see how they fare in a fight. GP - See above.

I strongly agree with these three. Also the whole Ice needs more resistances thing, but these way much more so. I've even used the logic you're using in #3 to argue for that particular matchup.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#20CakeOfLiesPosted 8/26/2013 6:11:51 AM
Orange juice corrodes metal too so Grass should be SE against Steel.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF