This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Banette can't learn Gunk Shot because it's incompatible with its ability or anot

#1mehmetskiPosted 8/25/2013 2:30:08 PM
what does this message mean? i mean...i thought i new everything about pokemon
but how can this be?
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#2Twilight_SonataPosted 8/25/2013 2:31:30 PM
What?
#3Great_ReapettePosted 8/25/2013 2:33:36 PM
It means either your Banette has an Egg move that can't be obtained on it at the same, or. No I think that's it.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#4SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 2:34:12 PM
Some moves and abilities come from things like events or the dream world.
Banette has Gunk Shot as a 5th gen egg move (Muk/Swalot).

Um, I'm really not sure as to why that causes it to conflict with any ability though. My guess is that you're using it's dreamworld ability, Cursed Body. The two clearly conflict somehow, so you can't - legally - get them together,
#5Great_ReapettePosted 8/25/2013 2:35:46 PM
SorceressTharja posted...

Um, I'm really not sure as to why that causes it to conflict with any ability though. My guess is that you're using it's dreamworld ability, Cursed Body. The two clearly conflict somehow, so you can't - legally - get them together,

No, you can. Get a female DW Banette, a male Muk/Swalot with Gunk Shot, and breed them.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#6EstheimasterPosted 8/25/2013 2:38:33 PM
Great_Reapette posted...

No, you can. Get a female DW Banette, a male Muk/Swalot with Gunk Shot, and breed them.

TC must be trying to use the TM for Gunk Shot, and Bannette can't learn it as a TM, only when it breeds.

I remember in Gen IV that Vulpix couldn't learn the Energy Ball TM, but I had to breed specially to get it.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#7mehmetski(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 2:46:26 PM
oh sry i forgot to mention it was in showdown.
its other moves were intended to be:
shadow sneak, shadow claw and cotton shield
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#8MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 2:50:19 PM
Estheimaster posted...
Great_Reapette posted...

TC must be trying to use the TM for Gunk Shot, and Bannette can't learn it as a TM, only when it breeds.

I remember in Gen IV that Vulpix couldn't learn the Energy Ball TM, but I had to breed specially to get it.

By TM, do you mean Tutor Move? Because otherwise, your post has a mistake.
#9LtCmdDudefellaPosted 8/25/2013 3:07:47 PM(edited)
mehmetski posted...
oh sry i forgot to mention it was in showdown.
its other moves were intended to be:
shadow sneak, shadow claw and cotton shield

By Cotton Shield I assume you mean Cotton Guard. The problem here is that Cotton Guard is an event move. Meaning you can't have egg moves with it. Which Gunk Shot is.
#10SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 3:02:58 PM
THAT makes sense. I mentioned the dreamworld ability because ability is mentioned in the title. I didn't think of the fact that it'd be "another move" despite the fact that I recognized it as a Showdown error.