This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are dual type moves confirmed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are dual type moves confirmed?
2 years ago#1
A lot of people are saying that there are gonna be moves with 2 types. Where does it say that they are gonna be in the game, cause its a horrible idea. A water/grass move used by a ludicolo on a geodude can cause about x10 damage. It would be too broken and gf wouldn't do it
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362
2 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure it's been debunked - else they're trying very hard to hide it.
2 years ago#3
I hope not. Sounds too confusing.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
2 years ago#4
I have no idea how those rumors came about
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362
2 years ago#5
From what I know, it came from the well-known leak that was posted in Pokebeach. But apparently, the leaker clarified that some attacks would show as being of one type, but deal a different type's damage.
2 years ago#6
Pokebeach's leaks have managed to get a lot right - and more all the time - and they predicted it, but Pokebeach's webmaster thinks that "dualtype moves" are really just moves that change type depending on the circumstances. Though not remotely new to the Pokemon franchise, I'm actually kinda hoping he's right on that, unless this is one of the few cases of those leaks being wrong, because nearly every way people have put forth of dualtype moves working (besides that) is a) game breaking, b) overly complicated, or c) ridiculously pointless.

There is one way that's none of the above - a move that hits twice, once of each type, like Bonemerang if its second hit was Rock or something - but hardly anyone ever mentions that. >_>
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
2 years ago#7
MagikarpRules posted...
From what I know, it came from the well-known leak that was posted in Pokebeach. But apparently, the leaker clarified that some attacks would show as being of one type, but deal a different type's damage.

And that's not what happened, and as I keep explaining, it's for the better that it doesn't - it's remarkably pointless.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are dual type moves confirmed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived