This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tell me what you think of this ability idea: Grudge Strike.

#1DuncanwiiPosted 8/25/2013 2:42:25 PM(edited)
Ability: Grudge Strike
If the Pokemon with this ability is knocked out, and is slower then the opponent, it will be able to use the last move it was going to use before it was knocked out. The user will be considered at 1 HP until the move is completed after which it will faint. This ability will activate even if the user's Speed was reduced or it was Paralyzed. Because the user faints immediately afterwards, Poison and Burn will not damage the user on this attack, nor will Life Orb, nor will any damage from Recoil or abilities the opponent might have that will damage the attacker (such as Aftermath or Rough Skin.)

Is this too broken?
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#2Great_ReapettePosted 8/25/2013 2:40:47 PM
Title
Grudge Strike

make up your mind
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 8/25/2013 2:42:26 PM
I feel that yes, it's broken. If a Pokemon with this ability is fainted but its last move would have made the opponent faint too, it's an unfair free KO.
#4All-icePosted 8/25/2013 2:44:35 PM
Basically the best Suicide lead.

Sets up Rocks.

Gets some damage off if this Pokemon has Focus Sash and then it'll either kill the opponent or leave about 25% left.
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory" ~ Naz
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#5RotomGuy3Posted 8/25/2013 2:45:29 PM
I think it should only work if they were at 100% and they OHKO'd them.
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 8/25/2013 2:46:35 PM
Suddenly, this is awesome for normal gem exploders.
#7LtCmdDudefellaPosted 8/25/2013 2:49:12 PM
I think its a pretty decent idea. I don't think its broken and the best use I can think of is for stopping powerful sweepers. They're fast and kill you before you can act, however this lets you get your hit in and potentially stop them.
#8Lucidious89Posted 8/25/2013 6:42:04 PM
-This ability only activates when the Pokemon is KO'd by a direct attack. Indirect damage and self-inflicted damage do not trigger this. However, direct attacks from allies will trigger this.

-This ability does not activate if the user is asleep or frozen. This is to prevent the fainted Pokemon from bypassing Sleep/Freeze effects and being able to attack by being KO'd.

-Any move that the Pokemon selected that does not attack the target directly will fail when this ability activates. Also, secondary effects for moves that heal, raise stats, forces the user to switch out, or requires more than one turn to complete will fail. This is to prevent the Pokemon from essentially extending its life through loopholes.

-When this Ability acitavtes, Speed is ignored and the user's move automatically completes and then the user faints before any other Pokemon on the field attacks. This is to prevent the Pokemon with Grudge Strike from remaining on the field during Double/Triple battles because its partner or one of the opponent's Pokemon would typically move before the Pokemon with Grudge Strike.

-This ability does not activate if the user was already at 1HP before fainting. This is to prevent Focus Sash + Grudge Strike abuse (or even Endure), essentially giving the Pokemon two free turns or stalling.

-Moves that heal, raise stats, or apply secondary effects of any kind on the Pokemon with Grudge Strike will fail while this ability is in effect. This is to prevent loopholes with teammates "reviving" the Pokemon somehow.

Even with all that, there's still probably other holes that would need to be patched up for it to work and not be broken.
#9JDavidCPosted 8/25/2013 6:54:19 PM
Endeavor will not work with Grudge Strike.
---
I only deal with 100% legit/uncloned pokemon in trades.