This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else pre-ordered from Amazon?

#11All-ice(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 4:04:26 PM
Mynameispaul96 posted...
Why do some people buy from online? Are they shy or embarrassed to go to a retail store and ask to get pokemon? Just curious. : /

I'm at my dorm now and Pokemon X and Y will be released when I have college going on(Obviously)

Gamestop is 2 hours away and I don't see myself having time to go get the game.
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory" ~ Naz
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#12Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/25/2013 4:06:40 PM
All-ice posted...
Mynameispaul96 posted...
Why do some people buy from online? Are they shy or embarrassed to go to a retail store and ask to get pokemon? Just curious. : /

I'm at my dorm now and Pokemon X and Y will be released when I have college going on(Obviously)

You can't take a 2-hour roadtrip on a Saturday to get the games, so you'd rather wait 5 whole day?
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#13All-ice(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 4:10:16 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
All-ice posted...
Mynameispaul96 posted...

You can't take a 2-hour roadtrip on a Saturday to get the games, so you'd rather wait 5 whole day?

It'll be coming out October, when classes start getting tough to miss a homework or studying for a test.

I'm also going for my Masters, so I rather spend that two hours studying instead of driving, thank you.
---
"You never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory" ~ Naz
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#14SirPikachuPosted 8/25/2013 4:26:33 PM
deathwave21 posted...
I ordered from New Egg when they were on sale for half price. Otherwise I would have used Amazon. I don't like dealing with people who work in stores and am too old to shop at game stop.

Yea, I hate that that they added that "18 or younger" policy to gamestop >_>

How can you be "too old" for a store? That just sounds stupid.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#15Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 8/25/2013 4:40:02 PM
SirPikachu posted...
deathwave21 posted...
I ordered from New Egg when they were on sale for half price. Otherwise I would have used Amazon. I don't like dealing with people who work in stores and am too old to shop at game stop.

because people are pedos.

i was on vacation one time and they had this 14-17 year old club for teens only, and they bounced anyone who was 18+. and that is because an adult walking in there is a court order waiting to happen.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#16SirPikachuPosted 8/25/2013 4:43:17 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
SirPikachu posted...
deathwave21 posted...

because people are pedos.

i was on vacation one time and they had this 14-17 year old club for teens only, and they bounced anyone who was 18+. and that is because an adult walking in there is a court order waiting to happen.

Yea, but that's a children's event, not a store that sells games for everybody for all ages.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#17LoveSquirtlePosted 8/25/2013 4:45:39 PM
All-ice posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
All-ice posted...
Mynameispaul96 posted...

It'll be coming out October, when classes start getting tough to miss a homework or studying for a test.

I'm also going for my Masters, so I rather spend that two hours studying instead of driving, thank you.

Why buy the game if all you're going to do is study then?
#18Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 8/25/2013 4:46:06 PM
believe it or not, more kids play pokemon and or other games than adults.

rated E for everyone is another way to say this game is primarily for people who are 12 and under.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#19NeonDragon9000Posted 8/25/2013 4:49:53 PM
I pre-ordered from Newegg, since Amazon wasn't selling the game any cheaper.

Although I might end up canceling the Newegg order and just go eShop.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#20UmuruPosted 8/25/2013 4:51:43 PM
Even taking the whole weekend thing into account, delivering the game 4 days later does seem strange. This is Pokemon we're talking about, so surely Nintendo would have realized that it would be popular and there shouldn't be any sort of shortage.

Personally, I am going to assume that Nintendo is conspiring with Gamestop so those customers get things quicker. GS seems like the only physical store that has events anymore, and they are the ones exclusively selling the Rumble Wii U figures.

As for a real reason, who knows? All we can do is speculate...