This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does one think of the Human Characters So Far?

#1asiacatdogbluePosted 8/25/2013 5:25:15 PM
There has always been talk about the look of the Pokemon. Well, what about the human characters? Do you think that human designs and concepts have be getting better or worse.

And honesty, I don't like Skyla. I think Winona looks and fights better.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/25/2013 5:26:44 PM
I prefer the old gen gym leaders to the new ones. It seems like they're getting more and more complicated (looks at Clemont and Grant as opposed to Lt. Surge and Sabrina)
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3GameNinjaGuyPosted 8/25/2013 5:28:42 PM
The title is a case of when "you"actually fits better than "one". How ironic.

On topic: They look fine. Not particularly good or bad, like all pokemon world humans. Except for the abomination of a hairdo that is Rosa.
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
#4EmperorDoomPosted 8/25/2013 5:29:19 PM
To me the characters so far look like they could have been in Unova, so not much difference or change in my opinion. Except for the main characters. The male one looks far superior to the possibly worst looking one from B2/W2. The female looks better designed too.
---
"The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot."
--Victor von Doom (Earth-616)
#5trewerdPosted 8/25/2013 5:30:26 PM
Generation 5's girls were hotter.
---
So ready for: Phoenix Wright 5, Pokemon X, Senran Kagura Burst, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Tales of Xillia 2, and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright.
#6NessEggmanPosted 8/25/2013 5:52:45 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I prefer the old gen gym leaders to the new ones. It seems like they're getting more and more complicated (looks at Clemont and Grant as opposed to Lt. Surge and Sabrina)

I'm totally fine with that.

I mean, I appreciate the simple designs, because Brock, Misty, et all look like everyday people. It makes them more realistic. That's why I love the 1st gen leaders.

But I also like zany and creative designs, too.

I like variety!

And each gen tends to have some pretty 'plain' looking people, too... I think we'll have some more "normal" looking gym leaders in addition to the ones we've seen so far. And Grant looks pretty simple/normal to me. I mean, other than gems in his hair, he's pretty bland. And he's just shown wearing some climbing equipment which is not really all that crazy or anything... because he's a climber...

I agree it's still a lot different from Gen 1 in that Gen 1 was pretty much streetclothes, normal haircuts and colors, etc. But I don't think Sabrina's outfit was any more "overdesigned" than someone like Iris or Lenora or Burgh.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#7MetaDeDeDePosted 8/25/2013 6:29:15 PM
Serena looks fun to play as. I love playing as female character in RPG. I also love her design that i and keeping it default with shorter hair. I was going to make her hardcore but that won't be right. Serena with shorter hair or straight hair is the direction i am going at.

Calem looks like Nate(to me) which is not good in my opinion and looks more of the same.

Serena may not look as hot but that does not mean i am not going to play as her. I love to play as women and girl as the MC instead of a man. Tat does not mean i am going to play the next COD because of female solider being introduced for i am mostly a handheld gamer and I like mine game to have a cartoony/anime feel to them. Gritty graphic are not what i call good graphics for i never grew up with gritty, I lived most of my life not knowing that COD exist. I like Pokemon because it is faithful to it root and art style and that it is actually fun
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.