This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obvious thing I've realized, has to do with the GTS and transferring old Pokemon

#1KaizukezuPosted 8/25/2013 8:35:57 PM(edited)
How would YOU like to transfer your Pokemon? - Results (112 votes)
Download Play by linking X/Y to 5th Gen games, using a 3DS and another 3/DS
15.18% (17 votes)
eShop download transfer tool (Similar to the character transfer tool for Monster Hunter3)
80.36% (90 votes)
Other (I can't think of any other ways to transfer Pokemon, so post an idea)
4.46% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80
Sooo, I'm probably pretty slow on this one, I'm sure people have discussed it before in multiple other threads, buuuuut...

If the GTS allows you to search for any available Pokemon, whether you've seen them or not, then one of two things:

1. ALL Pokemon will be available to catch in X & Y (Why have it in the GTS if it's not obtainable in-game?)

B. Transferring of Pokemon from old gens confirmed! (Yeah, I know it was officially confirmed, but my point is an obvious re-confirmation)

Sooooo, since transferring Pokemon from old gens is confirmed, what do you think will be the way of transferring?

I personally would like to have an eShop transfer program. Plug in a gen 5 game, transfer as many Pokemon as you want into the 3DS transfer program, plug in X or Y, and BOOM! Receive all of your Pokemon straight to your PC boxes.
---
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673
#2FuneralCakePosted 8/25/2013 8:36:36 PM
Transferring is NOT confirmed yet.

However, I think it will be an eShop app.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
i'm depending on a generator just to breathe in air
#3Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 8:37:52 PM
Really? Not confirmed? I could've sworn somewhere I saw that it was confirmed. I'm going to do some research quick.
---
#4SuperRup91Posted 8/25/2013 8:38:33 PM
I do hope it's just a box app. That slingshot game was just terrible

When will gamefreak learn that mini-games suck (Looking at you Dreamworld).
#5Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 8:43:27 PM
OH! I remember now! I saw it here on Gamefaqs, and for some reason my brain was thinking I saw it on Serebii. Someone posted rumors from some person that supposedly was in cahoots with a couple well known leakers. The rumor said that "transferring Pokemon is going to be possible, but by some other means than usual". Something along those lines.

However with what I've stated in my initial post, it pretty much has to be confirmed. Why would they allow you to search EVERY POKEMON EVER in the GTS, unless every Pokemon is available in X & Y, or by transferring from old gens.
---
#6Firemaster5Posted 8/25/2013 8:45:19 PM
They could probably use the PGL but, if it's anything like tucking in Pokémon in fifth Gen. games, it'd probably be "As slow as molasses."
---
Hiro-He didn't kill a horse he merely used a stencil and some white spray paint on his black coat...where he got the white paint I'll leave to your imagination.
#7Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 8:47:36 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
I do hope it's just a box app. That slingshot game was just terrible

When will gamefreak learn that mini-games suck (Looking at you Dreamworld).

I agree. I never was unlucky enough to run out of time in the slingshot game, but I'm guessing if you lost, you'd have to play again until they were all caught.

I did prefer the slingshot game over Pal Park though. Pal Park took too long, and for what? A stinkin' berry. Slingshot game was over in 30 seconds at most, AND allowed you to transfer another set of 6 right away, instead of like some of gen4 where you had to wait a day to transfer another 6.

Box app would be GREAT. It wouldn't even bother me if it cost $5+, it also wouldn't bother me if the box app was only useable with a save file of X/Y that had the National Dex unlocked.
---
#8SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 8/25/2013 8:58:09 PM
Hoping for an app that doesn't require a second system.
#9NebulaBluePosted 8/25/2013 9:02:02 PM
eShop transfer tool

preferably one that isn't a pointless mini-game meant only to waste time
#10LadyYachiruPosted 8/25/2013 9:04:37 PM
How I would like to - Look at a pokemon on the screen of one DS it moves offscreen and into the screen of the other DS as I look at it instead.

How I will transfer - This little indent was just for a realistic matter. I wont be transferring.
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.