This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just to be clear on egg moves.

#1kaiser ryuPosted 8/25/2013 10:23:36 PM
A level 1 male Ralts will pass down mean look to it's offspring, right? I have an adamant Ditto lined up with an everstone if this is correct.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#2Sloth9230Posted 8/25/2013 10:26:37 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
A level 1 male Ralts will pass down mean look to it's offspring, right? I have an adamant Ditto lined up with an everstone if this is correct.

Yes, careful that it doesn't lose it too level up though, wouldn't want to get Growl instead.
#3kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 10:32:36 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

Yes, careful that it doesn't lose it too level up though, wouldn't want to get Growl instead.

How exactly do I prevent this? o.O Would sending it through the Elite Four once and holding on to mean look suffice?
---
#4Duskull24Posted 8/25/2013 10:33:36 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

How exactly do I prevent this? o.O Would sending it through the Elite Four once and holding on to mean look suffice?

Delete all of its moves except for mean look. That should lower the chances of it getting lost
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#5NessEggmanPosted 8/25/2013 10:35:38 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

It doesn't change its moves until after you take it out of the daycare.

So even if it levels up from 1 to 100 in the daycare, it will still have Mean Look.

But once you take it back from the lady, it will calculate its new moves and lose Mean Look.

So as long as you don't take it out of the daycare, it will never lose Mean Look and will keep passing it down to its offspring.

But once you take it out, check and see if it still has Mean Look. If it doesn't, it will no longer pass it down, and you'll have to get a new Ralts with Mean Look.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#6kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:03:00 PM
Useful info there Mr. Ness. Thanks much :o

I'm finally starting my long overdue process of making a batch of catching and breeding Pokemon. I have 7 Eevees so far with separate natures waiting to become Umbreon, I intend to have a Gallade as their backup. I also only have 4 useful Dittos so far, not really sure what natures past adamant, timid, jolly and modest are worth gathering for breeding. I'm sort of fixing on this coming gen to be my first foray into moderately competitive battling and these are my first steps.

Hmm, I'm also curious while sorta on the general topic of breeding. When passing a nature down with an everstone I understand it's a 50% chance to get the nature of the Poke holding it, what I'm wondering is whether the other 50% has that nature included or excluded from the pool of possible natures the baby can be born with.
---
#7CCsDusknoirPosted 8/26/2013 1:20:35 AM
kaiser ryu posted...

I'm finally starting my long overdue process of making a batch of catching and breeding Pokemon. I have 7 Eevees so far with separate natures waiting to become Umbreon, I intend to have a Gallade as their backup. I also only have 4 useful Dittos so far, not really sure what natures past adamant, timid, jolly and modest are worth gathering for breeding. I'm sort of fixing on this coming gen to be my first foray into moderately competitive battling and these are my first steps.

Hmm, I'm also curious while sorta on the general topic of breeding. When passing a nature down with an everstone I understand it's a 50% chance to get the nature of the Poke holding it, what I'm wondering is whether the other 50% has that nature included or excluded from the pool of possible natures the baby can be born with.

Breeding has been updated on Black 2 / White 2. Nature is passed 100% of time of pokemon holding everstone if only one pokemon holds it and 50% nature of either parent if both parents are holding everstone. Read up on breeding from serebii and bulbapedia websites.
---
Pokemon White FC2: 1593 4704 6869
#8CA0001Posted 8/26/2013 1:32:18 AM
Alot of people don't know, but you can rearrange moves when you check the Pokemon's stats.

What you'd want to do when you're breeding males for attacks, is to move the important moves to the bottom of the list when you view the attacks. Just press 'A' and select the move and drag it to the bottom.

This is especially useful if you need to pull out the Pokemon frequently to change Power items etc. and that the males are low level and level quickly. Pull them out every few hundred steps and drag down the important attacks.

When they're high level, the frequency of move replacement becomes lower. I do this all the time, I keep my Extreme Speed Dratinis, Dragon Dance Corphish etc. from level 1 to 50s through breeding and they still keep their attacks.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#9kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:53:33 AM
CCsDusknoir posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

Breeding has been updated on Black 2 / White 2. Nature is passed 100% of time of pokemon holding everstone if only one pokemon holds it and 50% nature of either parent if both parents are holding everstone. Read up on breeding from serebii and bulbapedia websites.

Hmm, I knew this, guess it would have been pertinent to mention I was playing Heart Gold. It's my preferred game.
---