This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smarter AI

#1Dathedr-vodhrPosted 8/26/2013 3:12:19 AM
Probably not this gen, but maybe a later one, what if pokemon became more open? where you could choose your course through the region and the trainers made teams around yours?
can you imagine an open pokemon world? the events of the story would change giving a whole new meaning to replaying the games and such.

i know this is probably vague, but it just popped into my head, and if i know anyone who can make it better, its you guys. the veterans of countless generations (5 actually)
---
We must stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the souless and the mad. But above all, For The Greater Good!
#2Rayze_DarrPosted 8/26/2013 3:14:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Dathedr-vodhr(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 3:15:37 AM
Rayze_Darr posted...
... this has literally nothing to do with AI.

Well the trainers basing their teams around you is kind of, and anyway the thoughts got modified in my head while i was writing this, so i guess i should have changed thee topic name.

sorry about that.
---
We must stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the souless and the mad. But above all, For The Greater Good!
#4Rayze_DarrPosted 8/26/2013 3:16:53 AM
Apologies, I misread at first.

While I can see this working in terms of gameplay, the story implications behind this idea turn me off of it. It would give the feeling that the entire world is shaped by you, and to me, that ruins the point of the games. You start out as a nobody, slowly working your way up to average, and don't become anything special until you finally beat the main story. The Elite 4 themselves mention previous challengers, so clearly your character isn't the only trainer doing as well as he or she is.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#5pryceoflifePosted 8/26/2013 3:17:27 AM
If you ever played BW 2, you would realize they added smarter AI, as well as difficulty settings for more or less of a challenge.

Anyway, they already have an open world pokemon game. Search pokemon generations.
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362