This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Talonflame - The perfect Dex completion helper?

#1jon2d2Posted 8/26/2013 7:19:19 AM
All I've seen for Talonflame so far is hate for its name, so I want to balance the scales a bit.

On my Black version 2 game I'm completing the National-Dex and (until I completed the habitat lists) had to keep two Pokemon in my team all the time.

I used Haxorus with False Swipe - and I used a Moltres for its Flamebody ability and use of Fly.

Just looking at Talonflame - I wouldn't be surprised if we can get a version of it with Flamebody - It'll obviously have Fly - and again just looking at it I'd say it's a safe enough bet to assume it'll be able to learn False Swipe.

So, if (a big IF) all that comes to pass - I can see Talonflame being a key Pokemon when I'm breeding and completing habitats. One Pokemon to meet all my needs and let me have a party full of 5 eggs while I'm at it. I have very high hopes for this Pokemon!
---
I am on the PSN - Add and thou shalt be reciprocated - jon2d2
#2FryDays5000Posted 8/26/2013 7:35:50 AM
It would be great if it did have Flame Body. That way I wouldn't have to transfer Volcorona just to hatch my eggs. It would have a replacement in Kalos :D
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#3CA0001Posted 8/26/2013 7:39:32 AM
What I really want is a Flame Body Pokemon that Fly, Surf and Waterfall.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#4Sloth9230Posted 8/26/2013 7:41:04 AM
So you want it to have a worthless ability just so it can hatch your eggs faster? Is being Fire/Flying not bad enough already?
#5PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/26/2013 7:46:39 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
So you want it to have a worthless ability just so it can hatch your eggs faster? Is being Fire/Flying not bad enough already?

It can help me with one thing but it's worthless? GOT IT!
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2(JPN), Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection(Wii)
#6jon2d2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:27:40 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

It can help me with one thing but it's worthless? GOT IT!

Yup, the most helpful worthless ability of them all!

I'm already set on using Noivern in my main squad. but credit where credit is due, Talonflame might be very useful for at least that.
---
#7jon2d2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:33:40 AM
CA0001 posted...
What I really want is a Flame Body Pokemon that Fly, Surf and Waterfall.

That'd be all kinds of great. A Fire/Water/Flying type though :/

If Talonflame does have all the abilities I'm hoping from it, then I'd be happy to sub an egg's spot for a Water type (Probably my Froakie).

It's still a one spot improvement over the three Pokemon I'd have to have had in Black2 xD
---
#8Sky_High_DxPosted 8/26/2013 9:19:46 AM
Magma Armor would be better for that purpose. Giving a burn after false swiping it down is a nightmare. Unless it somehow will also learn thunder wave/ sleep powder.
---
Sky High Dx