This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the significance of tutor moves, actually?

#1Chaos_MissilePosted 8/26/2013 7:58:40 AM
It always makes me wonder about why people kept clamoring on for tutor moves.

Aside from the annoyance that is the Battle Facilities where the battle rewards is not on par with the effort required to get it, all move tutors only teach that moves ONCE per game...?

So, what makes them good?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#2Lone_HunterPosted 8/26/2013 7:59:37 AM
It teaches moves to pokemon that it can normally not get. Such as Icy Wind on Skarmory (not the best example but one none the less).
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#3Octaivian_RexPosted 8/26/2013 8:01:08 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...

Aside from the annoyance that is the Battle Facilities where the battle rewards is not on par with the effort required to get it, all move tutors only teach that moves ONCE per game...?

Umm, no?
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#4CA0001Posted 8/26/2013 8:02:52 AM
Move Tutors give everyone Stealth Rock.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#5LexifoxPosted 8/26/2013 8:03:40 AM
Move Tutors haven't been one-use since Gen 3.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:04:59 AM(edited)
Octaivian_Rex posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

Umm, no?

You mean the message I kept getting when playing FireRed, Emerald, HeartGold regarding certains moves (eg. Mega Punch, Mega Kick and the Elemental Hyper Beams in FR/LG) that has this in cap letters "THIS MOVE CAN ONLY BE LEARNED ONCE. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEARN IT?" is only my imagination?

Lexifox posted...
Move Tutors haven't been one-use since Gen 3.

By that, you're referring to the tutors in the Battle Facilties, right?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#7CA0001Posted 8/26/2013 8:07:33 AM
Go back and play BW2 again, give everyone Stealth Rock.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#8Octaivian_RexPosted 8/26/2013 8:07:51 AM
You mean the message I kept getting when playing FireRed, Emerald, HeartGold regarding certains moves (eg. Mega Punch, Mega Kick and the Elemental Hyper Beams in FR/LG) that has this in cap letters "THIS MOVE CAN ONLY BE LEARNED ONCE. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEARN IT?" is only my imagination?

I'm pretty sure most people are referring to the move tutors who use shards as payment when requesting move tutors. You know, the ones that can teach a slew of moves multiple times as long as you have enough to pay?
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#9Mystery_CooperPosted 8/26/2013 8:08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure single-use tutors are a thing of the past. Unless the Elemental Hyper Beams, Pledge moves and event moves are single use as well, anyways. In which case, it's not necessarily that they're good, it's that they're "unique".

Gen III's single use ones can give some pokemon much better move options. Although with some of FRLG's single-use ones turning into unlimited use at the Frontier, I can't really give a good example of a truly single-use move tutor.
---
This one's focused! Stay dangerous!
THIS ARE SERIOUS CHAT. I ARE SERIOUS ADMIN. - CJayC
#10Mystery_CooperPosted 8/26/2013 8:10:21 AM
Octaivian_Rex posted...
I'm pretty sure most people are referring to the move tutors who use shards as payment when requesting move tutors. You know, the ones that can teach a slew of moves multiple times as long as you have enough to pay?

That pretty much gave it away that he meant anything but that. Though it is poorly worded, I guess?
---
This one's focused! Stay dangerous!
THIS ARE SERIOUS CHAT. I ARE SERIOUS ADMIN. - CJayC