This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my bad ideas

#1Tryin2GetDaPipePosted 8/26/2013 9:46:58 AM
-remove ivs
-if not then make it controllable like vitamins that can raise or lower ivs at any time
-remove low/high damage rolls (basically the same attack against the same pokemon will always do the same damage)
-more items/moves like Eviolite/Scald for defense as they're in a disadvantage
-make weather abilities last 5 turns, 8 with the appropriate item
-buff cloud nine to remove weather, instead of disabling it
-make a separate game mode that doesn't have critical hits, shouldn't be the standard metagame for vgc doubles but it would be a nice alternative for competitive peeps
-allow a different ladder on random-wifi that allows every pokemon in it, wouldn't be the main ladder but it's a nice alternitive for people to use their arceus/mewtwo and stuff

hopefully these ideas aren't too bad
---
You Trying to Get The Pipe? ~ Earl Joseph Smith III
http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/JRSmith-copy-copy.png
#2Octaivian_RexPosted 8/26/2013 9:55:01 AM
remove low/high damage rolls (basically the same attack against the same pokemon will always do the same damage)

I kinda like that damage isn't always the same and so that you can EV train Pokemon to have a high chance to survive something but its not always guaranteed to save on EV points. Most of the time it dosen't make a difference though.

make a separate game mode that doesn't have critical hits, shouldn't be the standard metagame for vgc doubles but it would be a nice alternative for competitive peeps

Rather, I feel a better way to handle this would be to remove the base critical hit rate so moves like night slash, cross chop still have a unique niche but you won't have any random crits from a thunderbolt ruin a match.

hopefully these ideas aren't too bad

I thought the rest of your ideas were pretty good, get ready for the flames though.
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif