This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Amie: Power of friendship is OP!

#1Hierarchy225Posted 8/26/2013 11:50:07 AM(edited)
I'm a competitive battler, and honestly I kind of like this. I like that my loved, and well taken care of Pokes can sometimes endure a OHKO, can break out of Paralysis, and can evade/crit more(though I admit I do have some mixed feelings on this).

I just think the idea of well loved Pokemon being stronger than Pokemon that are treated badly, its great. Plus I'm genuinely interested to see how competitive battling develops around this. Hell if Smogon decides to ban this to Ubers or whatever then I don't care, Ubers it is.

I'm using my Pokemon Amie Pokes no matter what.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#2gunsndrosesPosted 8/26/2013 11:48:52 AM
Pokemon Amie will have single handedly ruined competitive Pokemon. Unless it doesn't affect online battles, or Smogon adds a clause or something to ban it.
---
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
For an impenetrable shield, stand inside yourself.-Henry David Thoreau
#3RotomGuy3Posted 8/26/2013 11:49:09 AM
I must feed my Regice through his non-existent mouth and make him go up a tier

He's already saved my butt on Showdown a multitude of times.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 8/26/2013 11:49:28 AM
I have very mixed feelings about this.
How long is it going to take to get a Pokemon bonded with you through Pokemon Amie?
Do the effects carry online?
What is the extent of the added effects (surviving OHKO's and whatnot. What are the chances increased to)?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 8/26/2013 11:50:47 AM
gunsndroses posted...
Pokemon Amie will have single handedly ruined competitive Pokemon. Unless it doesn't affect online battles, or Smogon adds a clause or something to ban it.

How would it ruin competitive?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#6LexifoxPosted 8/26/2013 11:51:31 AM
RotomGuy3 posted...
I must feed my Regice through his non-existent mouth and make him go up a tier

He's already saved my butt on Showdown a multitude of times.

And then you just hope the opponent's Amie doesn't make their Pokemon dodge and crit more.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7DeitylightPosted 8/26/2013 11:51:31 AM
I concur!
It wouldn't surprise me if this is linked with mega evolution,
#8Tigo73Posted 8/26/2013 11:52:39 AM
Iīm with TC. Itīs a cool new spin on singleplayer that Iīm looking forward to try.

gunsndroses posted...

Or you could, you know, make a clause or a rule about this. We donīt know the details yet, itīs too early to shout "RUINED FOREVER"
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#9Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 11:55:09 AM(edited)
gunsndroses posted...

Why do you think this? Is it just evasion or is the other stuff as well?

I kind of like the crit boost, but for only one reason. Makes me think of Persian in Gen 1 who could literally crit 100% of the time when using Slash. It just.. Interesting.

Also the evasion chance will probably be less than a typical evasion move/ability like double team or sand veil.

Lol Sand Veil Garchomp w/ Max Happiness.

POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

http://oi53.tinypic.com/vmrb5t.jpg
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#10gunsndrosesPosted 8/26/2013 11:59:17 AM
Anything that increases luck, chance, or randomness in competitive Pokemon is flat out bad. Critical hits are bad enough right now, but complaining about them is kind of excessive. Pokemon Amie will boost them, as well as give randomness to other factors
---
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
For an impenetrable shield, stand inside yourself.-Henry David Thoreau