This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Amie: Power of friendship is OP!

#31kingjam1Posted 8/26/2013 1:10:30 PM
Yay more luck based competitive. Battles should be whoever has the best luck not skill from now on.
---
Can't think of anything
#32chaoshadouPosted 8/26/2013 1:43:26 PM
patkelly929 posted...
Arne83 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
Arne83 posted...
That's the spirit, TC!

And to all of you against it... if you can't handle of bit of random chance in an RPG, you chose the wrong genre. I'd hate to see what it's like to play D&D with you.

Competive Pokemon =/= RPG, but whatever.

Changing the way you play the game doesn't alter it's genre.

Pokemon is an RPG, it is always an RPG. There is nothing that you can do that will change this fact.

But it's "not fair competitively".

They could just not use Pokemon Amie, but then again why should they be forced to play against people with the boost from it? It's not fair to those don't do it. Kind of like how it's not fair that people can hack together perfect IVs and Perfect Pokemon when there are players who use what the game gave them. I've seen people say that in competitive battling, hacking perfect IVs should be the norm, and you should always assume perfect IVs. You can't justify that being the norm, and getting the benefits of using Pokemon Amie is unfair.

I'm sorry, but I have no issue with Pokemon Amie, and if it gets carried over to the WiFi battles. If it's such an issue to play the damn game, then you should just drop it entirely.

You can very well justify that being the norm, because it limits random chance and disparities between pokemon. It becomes a simple standard that everyone can and is able to follow, while evening out the playing field between competitors.

Saying that it's unfair when someone uses pokemon where they hacked in perfect iv's and ev's, but not when people simply use what the game has given them is stupid. The latter stipulation is inherently unfair, simply because if the game decided to give the other person a set of pokemon with better iv's than yours, your chances of winning can range from possibly even, to near nonexistant, especially if they know and understand ev training.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#33ChokusetsuPosted 8/26/2013 2:21:48 PM
TripleJ922 posted...
I for one am really excited for Amie. I have always legit raised all of my Pokemon and this adds a whole new layer to battles that I'm really looking forward to.

Also, I find it hilarious that there are so many out there whining because their RNG'd Pokemon aren't so perfect anymore. Oh no! I have to actually raise my Pokemon!

Now you put it that way, I think I like this even more.
---
De arimasu
#34SMASHKING84Posted 8/26/2013 2:22:48 PM
trust in the heart of the cards,tc!
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#35sniper_zeroPosted 8/26/2013 4:35:52 PM
Come now TC, everypony know friendship is magic!
#36Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/26/2013 4:42:44 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Anything that increases luck, chance, or randomness in competitive Pokemon is flat out bad. Critical hits are bad enough right now, but complaining about them is kind of excessive. Pokemon Amie will boost them, as well as give randomness to other factors

The term "scrub" describes this mindset. Those are legitimate parts of the game and denying them indicates a lack of skill.
#37Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 5:14:31 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
trust in the heart of the cards,tc!

I always do.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#38Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 5:16:59 PM
Also to the people complaining about Luck, how do you feel about Paraflinch?
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#39Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/26/2013 5:40:11 PM
ssj_duelist posted...
This is awful. I hate luck based crap, and random dodging of 100% hit moves is stupid.

Yes, but with Evasion Clause, Pokemon battles turn into this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyk71VRoUE
#40sniper_zeroPosted 8/26/2013 5:43:41 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Also to the people complaining about Luck, how do you feel about Paraflinch?

You should also ask them about Scald because apparently, they don't mind the hax burn it gives.