This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Amie should turn your Pokemon shiny.

#1SkylaIsMyWifePosted 8/26/2013 1:58:18 PM
Pokemon Amie should turn your Pokemon shiny? - Results (95 votes)
Yes
17.89% (17 votes)
No
82.11% (78 votes)
This poll is now closed.
^
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#2NessEggmanPosted 8/26/2013 2:04:18 PM
Why would it change colors because you pet it and play with it?!

I mean... I guess not much makes sense in the Pokémon world already, but that's just... what...
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#3DrakoVongola1Posted 8/26/2013 2:06:24 PM
I would probably never use it, a lot of the shinies I've seen aren't that great to look at. Nice to have for rarity's sake I suppose, but I don't like how a lot of them look.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#4NessEggmanPosted 8/26/2013 2:08:58 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I would probably never use it, a lot of the shinies I've seen aren't that great to look at. Nice to have for rarity's sake I suppose, but I don't like how a lot of them look.

But with this suggested feature, they would no longer be rare, and the few that you DO like the look of, you could turn that color if you wanted.

I wouldn't mind if we got an item like a Shiny Fruit or something that was very rare like Master Ball that we could use to turn a Pokémon shiny. That way each of us could at least have that ONE Pokémon we always wanted shiny in a legit manner.

Of course, Staraptor and Probopass are my favorite-looking shinies, and I already have those >_>
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#5DrakoVongola1Posted 8/26/2013 2:11:41 PM
NessEggman posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

But with this suggested feature, they would no longer be rare, and the few that you DO like the look of, you could turn that color if you wanted.

I wouldn't mind if we got an item like a Shiny Fruit or something that was very rare like Master Ball that we could use to turn a Pokémon shiny. That way each of us could at least have that ONE Pokémon we always wanted shiny in a legit manner.

Of course, Staraptor and Probopass are my favorite-looking shinies, and I already have those >_>

Exactly, they wouldn't be rare anymore, there'd be no point to them.

I do like how some of the shinies look, and it would be cool to have the ones I do like, but I don't think I'd want an item that could turn a Pokemon shiny, I want to earn it myself. It just takes away the entire point of having a shiny if you don't find it on your own. IMO of course.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#6SkylaIsMyWife(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 2:18:36 PM
I was seeing peoples reactions at the things amie does already, which includes higher critical hit rates, evasion boosts, enduring KO's. So I just thought ,why not take it further?
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#7Ice_Dragon14Posted 8/26/2013 2:24:20 PM
No, make it to easy to get a shiny and no one will give a s*** about them. I keep my Weavile to this day, yet I hacked one of my favorite Pokemon as shiny. I ended up ditching it by 2nd gym
---
photobucket.com/user/Ice_Dragon14/media/wishlist.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
Plan on breeding a shiny Mawile by X&Ys release. Currently bred: 175
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 8/26/2013 2:58:15 PM
Shiny Pokemon don't make in-game too easy or online haxy so yes.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#9SMASHKING84Posted 8/26/2013 2:59:29 PM
conditional:it increases the chances of a pokemon being shiny,but not by 100%
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#10NessEggmanPosted 8/26/2013 3:01:51 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
NessEggman posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

Exactly, they wouldn't be rare anymore, there'd be no point to them.

I do like how some of the shinies look, and it would be cool to have the ones I do like, but I don't think I'd want an item that could turn a Pokemon shiny, I want to earn it myself. It just takes away the entire point of having a shiny if you don't find it on your own. IMO of course.

Yeah, I guess I see that. I have like 30 shinies that I obtained by just randomly encountering in the wild or trading shinies for shinies... I don't really feel like I earned a single one, except the Nosepass (now Probopass) that I got through PokeRadar, but even then, I don't feel like it was much earning, but just spending a lot of time.

I think it would be find to take away the point of shinies since the current point is "wait for RNG to make you ridiculously lucky and probably not even for the Pokémon you want," because IMO that's not an accomplishment, nor is in all that interesting. I'd much rather the point of shinies be to further customize your team with different colors. If they were just color differences (like Spinda's different patterns, or the different Shellos colors or whatever) I think they would be a lot more interesting, and a lot less about dumb luck.

But I don't think anything that's primarily luck-based is ever fun. Even when the luck is in my favor, which it seems to be for shinies.
---