This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So we're heading into this generation completely blind

#11tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/26/2013 4:34:03 PM(edited)
I've played every game blind. So...yeah. I prefer it that way.

Akigend posted...
I hope they have something that tells you how the Pokemon evolve, like calling Professor Juniper.

Seriously. This was the only thing I ever looked up after a game's release. How to evolve. I didn't even look up what it evolved into. I just wanted to know requirements.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#12NessEggmanPosted 8/26/2013 4:33:46 PM
Akigend posted...
I hope they have something that tells you how the Pokemon evolve, like calling Professor Juniper.

I'm picking only new Pokemon on my first run and if I pick a Pokemon that only evolves with stones or by trading I need to know.

I would say MOST of the time, they let you know this in the game somehow. NPCs will talk about it, sometimes even mention the specific Pokémon, or at least drop plenty of hints about it. For example, you could figure out Escavalier and Accelgor based on the Pokedex order and some comments that some kid NPCs made in the game about exchanging them or whatever. In Gen 1, I'm pretty sure NPCs told you directly about Machoke or Haunter or both needing to be traded (well, rather said "Oh, I'm trading Pokémon with my friend. Look, Haunter is evolving!!" or something like that...)

If it's stones, all you have to do is activate the stone and your party will say "able/not able." Chances are you'll pick up the stones as early as you can anyway, because they're usually not very missable or even that optional.

Stuff like that. You'll probably figure it out. At the very least, if it got to a pretty high level and didn't evolve, you could always post a topic here and ask if it evolves or watch the cartoons which usually give it away, too... But I think you'll figure out most of the evolutions on your own.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#13erekwashere15Posted 8/26/2013 4:50:00 PM
I didn't see any leeks.

Not since Gen I.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#14kirbydude385Posted 8/26/2013 4:53:31 PM
we'll get leaks for sure

october 1-12 will be quite interesting with leakage and rumors
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#15TorchicBlazikenPosted 8/26/2013 6:55:57 PM
NessEggman posted...
Akigend posted...

I'm picking only new Pokemon on my first run and if I pick a Pokemon that only evolves with stones or by trading I need to know.

I would say MOST of the time, they let you know this in the game somehow. NPCs will talk about it, sometimes even mention the specific Pokémon, or at least drop plenty of hints about it. For example, you could figure out Escavalier and Accelgor based on the Pokedex order and some comments that some kid NPCs made in the game about exchanging them or whatever. In Gen 1, I'm pretty sure NPCs told you directly about Machoke or Haunter or both needing to be traded (well, rather said "Oh, I'm trading Pokémon with my friend. Look, Haunter is evolving!!" or something like that...)

If it's stones, all you have to do is activate the stone and your party will say "able/not able." Chances are you'll pick up the stones as early as you can anyway, because they're usually not very missable or even that optional.

Stuff like that. You'll probably figure it out. At the very least, if it got to a pretty high level and didn't evolve, you could always post a topic here and ask if it evolves or watch the cartoons which usually give it away, too... But I think you'll figure out most of the evolutions on your own.

We'll also probably have a similar feature to Bianca in B2/W2 who just tells you how to evolve (but not which level)