This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play Gen III?

#21PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/26/2013 7:18:58 PM
I went back to play Emerald last year and put about 200 more hours into it to get all the Silver Frointer Symbols. The Gold one can **** off though. I STILL have the preorder tin and Trainer ID card, it's my favorite game easily.

That, and Emerald has the Cloning Trick. Want to clone 5 Pokemon or 300+ Rare Candies at a time? Yeah, Emerald can do that.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2(JPN), Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection(Wii)
#22keybladesrusPosted 8/26/2013 7:23:23 PM
Play Emerald! Black 2 came close, but Emerald remains my favorite Pokémon game. I've played almost every game from all gens, but none of them gave me the same feeling Emerald did. Damn it, now I want to play it again, but I don't have my copy anymore...
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#23wind64aPosted 8/26/2013 7:40:27 PM
kagster123 posted...
The music ranges from decent to good. Gen 3 was big because of the whole Natures/abilities thing. Also expanded on ivs and evs a lot.

Really, you should play at least one Hoenn game, just to say you have. Play Emerald. It's a very good game, and it has the first (and biggest) ever frontier in the Pokemon games. It has a lot of replay value. I currently am planning a team to make for the frontier.

I'm not the biggest fan of Hoenn either, but Emerald is a great game that actually makes me enjoy the region and the Pokemon.

The bolded part isn't true. Sinnoh's battle Frontier has the majority of the battle facilities, and a far larger area to explore total. In addition to the regular facilities, Sinnoh gave it a Survival Area, a Resort area, and a volcanic mountain. There's also a desert.

I will say that you should still play the third gen games since they added quite a bit on to what gen II had, and the Hoenn region was interesting to explore. It wasn't some ideal area that some posters make it out to be, but it certainly was interesting.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#24kagster123Posted 8/26/2013 10:34:11 PM
wind64a posted...
kagster123 posted...
The music ranges from decent to good. Gen 3 was big because of the whole Natures/abilities thing. Also expanded on ivs and evs a lot.

Really, you should play at least one Hoenn game, just to say you have. Play Emerald. It's a very good game, and it has the first (and biggest) ever frontier in the Pokemon games. It has a lot of replay value. I currently am planning a team to make for the frontier.

I'm not the biggest fan of Hoenn either, but Emerald is a great game that actually makes me enjoy the region and the Pokemon.

The bolded part isn't true. Sinnoh's battle Frontier has the majority of the battle facilities, and a far larger area to explore total. In addition to the regular facilities, Sinnoh gave it a Survival Area, a Resort area, and a volcanic mountain. There's also a desert.

I will say that you should still play the third gen games since they added quite a bit on to what gen II had, and the Hoenn region was interesting to explore. It wasn't some ideal area that some posters make it out to be, but it certainly was interesting.

Wat.

That isn't the frontier, it's just extra areas. It just so happens that the frontier happens to be located there.

Even if we count that, emerald's 2 extra frontiers offers a lot more than fighting a few extra trainers, wild Pokemon, and one legendary after an annoying side quest.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#25AlI_About_The_UPosted 8/26/2013 10:35:57 PM
No
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg