This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So whos gonna use Malamar?

#1JarickoPosted 8/27/2013 3:43:30 AM
Was not sure about it at first. I had a feeling it would probably grow on me though. A sort of mind flayer psychic evil squid pokemon. Its not the nicest pokemon too look at but the visuals do not really need to be... its basically a mind flayer after all. Like they did not come out and say it but.. Squid... Psychic type... Dark type = Evil type... Squid... " It may have the strongest hypnotic force of any known Pokémon, helping it to bend opponents to its will. " Taken from Serebii.

I have to use it.
---
I like Lances!
#2LexifoxPosted 8/27/2013 3:44:47 AM
I'll use it, but probably not on my game team due to type conflicts with my starter.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3GolurkcanflyPosted 8/27/2013 3:52:54 AM
Topsy Turvy is going to be very useful.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#4SephirothtPosted 8/27/2013 3:54:29 AM
It's actually pretty high on me "to use"-list.
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://i.imgur.com/KBiuUQl.png
#5Blue_ItemPosted 8/27/2013 3:56:35 AM
I might use it just because I'm picking up a bit of a Lovecraft vibe from it. Although, it really depends on what other water types the game offers, since I'm probably going Fennekin for my starter and I'm not really a fan of Clauncher or Skrelp.
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 8/27/2013 3:57:03 AM
I might use it. Depends on what else is in the game.

There are already so many to choose from, it's hard to pick just 6 >_<
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7GolurkcanflyPosted 8/27/2013 3:58:06 AM
Blue_Item posted...
I might use it just because I'm picking up a bit of a Lovecraft vibe from it. Although, it really depends on what other water types the game offers, since I'm probably going Fennekin for my starter and I'm not really a fan of Clauncher or Skrelp.

Psst. It's Psychic/Dark
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#8KitschgardenerPosted 8/27/2013 4:13:47 AM
It's number two on my priority list so far (after Honedge). So unless there are many treasure-shaped Pokémon in XY (in particular: more golems, an animated vault Pokémon, nesting doll Pokémon, a new clockwork Pokémon, a puzzle box Pokémon, among others), it's likely assured a team spot.

But with Psychic confirmed to not resist Fairy, I'm worried about a potential additional Fairy weakness...
#9Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:20:10 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
It's number two on my priority list so far (after Honedge). So unless there are many treasure-shaped Pokémon in XY (in particular: more golems, an animated vault Pokémon, nesting doll Pokémon, a new clockwork Pokémon, a puzzle box Pokémon, among others), it's likely assured a team spot.

But with Psychic confirmed to not resist Fairy, I'm worried about a potential additional Fairy weakness...

How does that make anymore more difference then being weak to bug ect? Or is this another.. Fairy is gonna be crazy overpowered, therefore anything weak to fairy is trash post ? Just counter fairy with another team mate.
---
I like Lances!
#10KitschgardenerPosted 8/27/2013 4:28:32 AM
Jaricko posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

How does that make anymore more difference then being weak to bug ect? Or is this another.. Fairy is gonna be crazy overpowered, therefore anything weak to fairy is trash post ? Just counter fairy with another team mate.

Perhaps "worried" is the wrong word. "Annoyed", maybe - given all the other Dark-type Pokémon that could do without the nerf.