This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So whos gonna use Malamar?

#11uuurrrgghPosted 8/27/2013 4:29:02 AM
Jaricko posted...
Kitschgardener posted...
It's number two on my priority list so far (after Honedge). So unless there are many treasure-shaped Pokémon in XY (in particular: more golems, an animated vault Pokémon, nesting doll Pokémon, a new clockwork Pokémon, a puzzle box Pokémon, among others), it's likely assured a team spot.

But with Psychic confirmed to not resist Fairy, I'm worried about a potential additional Fairy weakness...

How does that make anymore more difference then being weak to bug ect? Or is this another.. Fairy is gonna be crazy overpowered, therefore anything weak to fairy is trash post ? Just counter fairy with another team mate.

Fairy isn't going to be OP... Bug/Steel will be

-retains its plethora of resistances and one weakness
-gains a STAB advantage over fairies
-some possible threats to a set-up sweep (Malamar, for example) are vulnerable to its secondary STAB
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#12Hierarchy225Posted 8/27/2013 4:52:42 AM
I probably won't.
---
The Official Lucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#13paiprPosted 8/27/2013 4:57:07 AM
Big factor for me will be how its stats look. Ill say this though if its a special attacker and it can use surf, I may use it alot.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#14shrooboid313Posted 8/27/2013 4:58:24 AM
I definitely will be, I think Inkay looks cute so that's my full reasoning. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#15crunchy612Posted 8/27/2013 5:52:05 AM
Gotta get mah Psychic~

It's either Malamar or Gallade(used Gardevoir 5 times already...), but Pangoro is also on my team already, so i can only pick one.
---
A quest to 50%!
http://dotabuff.com/players/58519561
#16Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:01:30 AM
uuurrrggh posted...
Jaricko posted...
Kitschgardener posted...
It's number two on my priority list so far (after Honedge). So unless there are many treasure-shaped Pokémon in XY (in particular: more golems, an animated vault Pokémon, nesting doll Pokémon, a new clockwork Pokémon, a puzzle box Pokémon, among others), it's likely assured a team spot.

But with Psychic confirmed to not resist Fairy, I'm worried about a potential additional Fairy weakness...

How does that make anymore more difference then being weak to bug ect? Or is this another.. Fairy is gonna be crazy overpowered, therefore anything weak to fairy is trash post ? Just counter fairy with another team mate.

Fairy isn't going to be OP... Bug/Steel will be

-retains its plethora of resistances and one weakness
-gains a STAB advantage over fairies
-some possible threats to a set-up sweep (Malamar, for example) are vulnerable to its secondary STAB

I figured for gen 6 the access to fire/flying ought to help with the bug weakness at least in the story. Otherwise bugs not that big of a deal. Just switch into the appropriate counter. Same way we have always done it. It also does not take a x4 weakness to one shot psychic types typically anyway. Most bug types already own psychic types at x2.
---
I like Lances!
#17ZabuzadonoPosted 8/27/2013 6:09:50 AM
I am probably going to use it for a period of time, depending on the rest of my team. I have no problem with doubling up types in-game (used Krookodile, Scrafty and Hydreigon in White 1), so Pangoro is not a prohibition on using Malamar, but Malamar's usefulness will be the determining factor. Contrary will be nice, but if it doesn't learn any stat-lowering moves, it is wasted IMHO.
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#18Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:14:16 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
I am probably going to use it for a period of time, depending on the rest of my team. I have no problem with doubling up types in-game (used Krookodile, Scrafty and Hydreigon in White 1), so Pangoro is not a prohibition on using Malamar, but Malamar's usefulness will be the determining factor. Contrary will be nice, but if it doesn't learn any stat-lowering moves, it is wasted IMHO.

Wasn't it rumored to have a move that reverses stat changes also? And I doubt we will see Contrary unused if it has it.
---
I like Lances!
#19ZTIger5Posted 8/27/2013 6:19:03 AM
I'll probably bring it into gym battles for a type advantage and use it in PvP battles for utility, but I'm not planning on putting it on my main team.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#20LexifoxPosted 8/27/2013 6:38:53 AM
Jaricko posted...
Zabuzadono posted...

Wasn't it rumored to have a move that reverses stat changes also? And I doubt we will see Contrary unused if it has it.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

It's confirmed to have Contrary as its only ability (barring a hidden Dream ability), and it can learn "Topsy-Turvy", which reverses the target's stat changes.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod