This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So whos gonna use Malamar?

#21Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:42:32 AM
Lexifox posted...
Jaricko posted...
Zabuzadono posted...
I am probably going to use it for a period of time, depending on the rest of my team. I have no problem with doubling up types in-game (used Krookodile, Scrafty and Hydreigon in White 1), so Pangoro is not a prohibition on using Malamar, but Malamar's usefulness will be the determining factor. Contrary will be nice, but if it doesn't learn any stat-lowering moves, it is wasted IMHO.

Wasn't it rumored to have a move that reverses stat changes also? And I doubt we will see Contrary unused if it has it.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

It's confirmed to have Contrary as its only ability (barring a hidden Dream ability), and it can learn "Topsy-Turvy", which reverses the target's stat changes.

Bulbapedia is showing suction cups. Which would also make sense. Although compared to contrary i doubt it will get much use.
---
I like Lances!
#22BrightStar7Posted 8/27/2013 5:43:59 AM
I will. Its so cool with the whole reversal theme. But like people said its really disappointing that Psychic doesnt resist Fairy. Woulda made sense flavour wise. And it needed a defense buff. Lets hope Ice gets that resist instead.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#23Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:55:33 AM
BrightStar7 posted...
I will. Its so cool with the whole reversal theme. But like people said its really disappointing that Psychic doesnt resist Fairy. Woulda made sense flavour wise. And it needed a defense buff. Lets hope Ice gets that resist instead.

Its a great offensive type. Why did it need a defense buff? Also I realize psychic as a stab is not the most incredible thing anymore but Psychic types usually have the move pools to make up for it. I mean what psychic type does not have access to electric moves, some grass move, shadow ball, signal beam, focus blast ect. Maybe some of them are lacking signal beam but most of them can be found on a good chunk of psychic types.

The dark typing on Malamar also makes it not weak to sucker punch like most psychic types. Its basically perfect for killing other psychic types too that do not have bug coverage. Up against a calm mind reuniclus? Throw out Topsy-Turvy, Suddenly its stats are in the negative and you have the type advantage.
---
I like Lances!
#24patsfan2312Posted 8/27/2013 5:58:56 AM
I want to, but ultimately it will depend on stats, moveset, etc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDTxHy7y44
#25The_Undying_84Posted 8/27/2013 6:11:07 AM
I might, except there will probably be other Dark's I like better, so I won't.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#26OsrangerPosted 8/27/2013 6:24:08 AM
I'm sorry. Ursula's my least favorite Disney villain.
---
Winter is coming, but so are the holidays
Official Taguel in disguise of the FE:A board.
#27Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:27:50 AM
Osranger posted...
I'm sorry. Ursula's my least favorite Disney villain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illithid
---
I like Lances!
#28Sloth9230Posted 8/27/2013 6:45:08 AM
Jaricko posted...
BrightStar7 posted...

Its a great offensive type.

Hitting two types for SE is hardly great. Especially with two resists and 1 immunity, unlike Dragon which is only resisted by steal.

As far as attacking types go, the only things worse are steel and poison, both of which are supposedly getting a buff by being SE against fairy.
#29Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:49:22 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
Jaricko posted...
BrightStar7 posted...

Hitting two types for SE is hardly great. Especially with two resists and 1 immunity, unlike Dragon which is only resisted by steal.

As far as attacking types go, the only things worse are steel and poison, both of which are supposedly getting a buff by being SE against fairy.

You cut out the extra that addressed that fact. Psychic types tend to have move pools with good coverage. Keep in mind dragons are a great offensive type too. Dragons are only super effective toward dragons and considering that, they also have the weakness to ice therefore they have 2 weakness and only 1 strength. No one would ever say dragons are not strong offensively though. Dragons usually have lots of coverage.
---
I like Lances!
#30Sloth9230Posted 8/27/2013 6:56:21 AM
Jaricko posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
Jaricko posted...
BrightStar7 posted...

Hitting two types for SE is hardly great. Especially with two resists and 1 immunity, unlike Dragon which is only resisted by steel.

You cut out the extra that addressed that fact. Psychic types tend to have move pools with good coverage. Keep in mind dragons are a great offensive type too. Dragons are only super effective toward dragons and considering that, they also have the weakness to ice therefore they have 2 weakness and only 1 strength. No one would ever say dragons are not strong offensively though. Dragons usually have lots of coverage.

Jaricko posted...
Dragon which is only resisted by steel

And we're not talking about the rest of their movepools, we're talking about pyschic by itself. Most normal types learn lots of coverage moves too, that doesn't make it a great offense type. Psychic is bellow average offensively and defensvly.