This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which would you rather use?

#1JarickoPosted 8/27/2013 5:50:09 AM
Which of the two choices would you rather have on your team? - Results (37 votes)
Technician Scizor
64.86% (24 votes)
Adaptibility Scizor
35.14% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Assuming adaptability were ever given to Scizor would you take it over your tech boost? There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Think Banded Adaptability Scizor with U-turn for example.
---
I like Lances!
#2ScizorPosted 8/27/2013 5:53:46 AM
Technician, please.
---
Bullet Punch!
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 8/27/2013 5:55:47 AM
Adaptability would still work with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite, but it would also work with stronger moves like X-Scissor. Sure, Aerial Ace wouldn't get the boost anymore, but Flying isn't exactly a wonderful offensive type. I think Adaptability would be better.

Of course, if Scizor learned Mach Punch or something, Technician, all the way.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#4fahademonPosted 8/27/2013 6:02:14 AM
Adaptability is good for moves like X-Scissor and U-Turn.

However,a Choice Banded,Technician Bullet Punch can be very powerful,and it also has +1 priority.

I still like Adaptability.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.
#5ZTIger5Posted 8/27/2013 6:15:22 AM
Technician is much better for Attacks like Bullet Punch and Bug Bite:

Bullet Punch) 40 Power x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Technician = 90 Power
Bug Bite) 60 Power x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Technician = 135 Power

With these attacks you get significantly powerful attacks with bonus effects and more PP than most high-damage attacks do. You also get boosts to attacks of all types; Feint, Double Hit, Rock Smash, Acrobatics, Thief and Aerial Ace.

Adaptability would double Iron Head and X-Scissor's power (making them both 160), which is pretty ridiculous on its own, but that's the best you're going to get out of it. The only other notable attack that would be affected by Adaptability is Steel Wing, which would bring it up to 140.

So while Adaptability is better for Scizor's stronger attacks, Technician is a much more versatile ability that already compliments its massive Attack stat very well. I choose Technician.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#6Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:29:32 AM(edited)
Wouldn't Bullet punch technically be boosted by the exact same amount with adaptability as technician. Like mentioned above you would be losing stuff like the 90 power aerial ace. Why that does suck its not really the end of the world either. U-turn would hit for 160 power after factoring the stab boost and you would also have a X-scissor option.

Edit- Realized you do actually lose 15 power on the bullet punch with adaptability. So ignore the previous statement on them hitting the same.
---
I like Lances!
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 8/27/2013 6:30:27 AM
Jaricko posted...
Wouldn't Bullet punch technically be boosted by the exact same amount with adaptability as technician. Like mentioned above you would be losing stuff like the 90 power aerial ace. Why that does suck its not really the end of the world either. U-turn would hit for 160 power after factoring the stab boost and you would also have a X-scissor option.

Bullet Punch would go from 90 to 80.
Similarly, Bug Bite would go from 135 to 120.
Off of 135 base Attack, that's still strong, though.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:35:38 AM
I edited my post above and still screwed up a bit. Thank you for that last post. My sleep deprived self is kinda sucking atm >_<
---
I like Lances!
#9PChaosWMPosted 8/27/2013 8:12:21 AM
I prefer Technician... though Adaptability would also be pretty good.
---
-=====| PerfectChaosWM |==============-
-=| Pokemon Black FC: 1765-4824-5124 |===-