This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs Team - Pokemon 1

#1SorceressTharjaPosted 8/27/2013 8:58:43 AM
Okay, so the votes are in. Now, as a community we need to make a bulky offense team!

Link to poll: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67086588

So! Here's how it's going to work. You guys need to give suggestions as to what the first pokemon should be, and it's set. We'll take in the suggestions, narrow it down to a 10 (or less) Pokemon Shortlist and then there will be a poll. Highest number of votes becomes the first Pokemon.

Remember that this is for an OU team. Gimmick suggestions such as Spinda will be ignored, however, low-tier Pokemon will be considered if there is sufficient reasoning behind their being suggested.

Pokemon can be suggested in any format you like, however, probably the best way is:

Pokemon @ Item
[Level: {If not 100}]
Trait: Ability
EVs: {Spread}
[IVs: {Specific non-31 IVs here. Omit if nothing goes here.}]
{Nature} Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Reasoning:{Reasoning goes here}

Example:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Reasoning:
Choice Band Tyranitar is an underrated threat in the current Metagame. With it's exceptional power, BandTar can punch passive holes into it's opponents, whilst having sufficient bulk to survive most relevant hits - predominantly on the special side.

That's not an actual suggestion, if you were wondering. I'm not going to be suggesting anything as I'm kind of leading this.

So post your suggestions below:
GO!

@
Trait:
EVs:
IVs:
Nature
-
-
-
-

I'm expecting 1,000,001 Spinda suggestions now
#2SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 10:55:36 AM
Things to consider:
1) It's bulky offense. Do frail Pokemon have a place here? Do we want to include only slow, bulky Pokemon? Or do we need a faster 'Mon to check scarf users and the like?
2) The current metagame. Some Pokemon have sets that aren't exactly current, but people still use. Including justabout every Electrivire set.
3) What Pokemon would go well with this Pokemon? Start thinking about Pokemon 2.
4) Would this Pokemon absolutely require any support that we would have to fit in later? For example, Charizard absolutely requires rapid spin support. We may not actually end up with a spinner, even if Charizard were to be chosen.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#3roxbury1990Posted 8/27/2013 10:57:27 AM
I'd say venusaur if we were running sun but im guessing that's now the case. And are we going for originality here or just the best team?
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#4Roc_RaidaPosted 8/27/2013 11:00:01 AM
Bulky offense? I would recommend something like Garchomp

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang / Aqua Tail

Nothing screams bulky offense than Garchomp.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#5SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 11:11:13 AM
roxbury1990 posted...
I'd say venusaur if we were running sun but im guessing that's now the case. And are we going for originality here or just the best team?

Best possible.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#6GameNinjaGuyPosted 8/27/2013 11:11:37 AM
Calm Mind Latias

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute

Reason: Sub-CM Latias is very bulky specially but can also do serious damage. Not much to steel types though. Could run Hp-fire instead of sub.
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
#7Lone_HunterPosted 8/27/2013 11:12:46 AM
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish (-Sp.Att,+Def)
Thick Fat/Immunity
252 HP/248 Def/10 Def
- Belly Drum
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Body Slam

This guy here is Bulky Offense. After 3 Stockpiles the only thing that can damage it are Critical Hits (so Lucky Chant support is always nice but not needed). It takes skill to play him as you need to make sure Ghosts are gone and know when you can set up. Thick Fat is good so you do not take extra damage from Fire and Ice but Immunity makes sure you will not get Toxic on ya (that huts no matter what).
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#8SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 11:32:34 AM
Roc_Raida posted...
Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet

You can actually take our 4 speed EVs without losing out on anything other than speed-tying other Garchomp, who you probably aren't going to want to risk it against anyway because of the fact that Garchomp is so often Scarfed. Just a kind of micro-thing that'll probably never make a difference.
---
#9Toasty_KabalPosted 8/27/2013 12:09:32 PM(edited)
Just using a standard Smog on set, seeing as I haven't used Machamp in a while.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

Reasoning: Machamp is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear bulky offensive. Despite being UU he can catch many unprepared OU teams off guard. He'll likely survive any hit the opponent's lead can dish out, allowing him to set up a sub and begin to tear through their team with DynamiclPunch. The days of the Anti-Lead Machamp have passed, but that only means less people expect it. Machamp won't make it to the end of most battles, but the damage he causes as the opponent tries to take him down can make the rest of the battle easy pickings for your remaining pokemon.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#10kaonohiokalaPosted 8/27/2013 12:04:18 PM
Roc_Raida posted...

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Nothing screams bulky offense than Garchomp.

this is it.

nothing else.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko