This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs Team - Pokemon 1

#11kaonohiokalaPosted 8/27/2013 12:13:15 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
Roc_Raida posted...
Bulky offense? I would recommend something like Garchomp
Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

You can actually take our 4 speed EVs without losing out on anything other than speed-tying other Garchomp, who you probably aren't going to want to risk it against anyway because of the fact that Garchomp is so often Scarfed. Just a kind of micro-thing that'll probably never make a difference.

speed-typing garchomp for 4 EVs is very important

wtf u talkin bout
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#12ThePokeMan98Posted 8/27/2013 12:17:53 PM
Bulky offense huh. Well, When I think of that, I think of Conkeldurr . I used him on a Trick room team before, and he's an absolute monster.

Conkeldurr @ Toxic orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant nature
- Mach punch
- Drain punch
- Stone Edge
- Facade

This setup really does it's best under trick room, particularly, but it still is worth considering for any bulky offense team. Mach punch is a strong priority move to ignore his awful speed for finishing blows. Drain punch helps recover lost health from poison, and is his strongest STAB move. Stone edge deals with flying types who think they can switch in on him. Facade is a powerful move to counter pokemon that resist his other moves, especially psychic types. If this becomes a TR team then switch his nature to brave and make his speed IV's 0.
---
It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents dealt. - Grimsley
#13SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:18:41 PM
If an enemy Garchomp comes in on you, it's almost certainly scarfed unless it's your opponent's last 'mon. If you're relying on speed tying something that can OHKO you're doing it wrong.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#14Lone_HunterPosted 8/27/2013 12:20:32 PM
ThePokeMan98 posted...
Bulky offense huh. Well, When I think of that, I think of Conkeldurr . I used him on a Trick room team before, and he's an absolute monster.

Conkeldurr @ Toxic orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant nature
- Mach punch
- Drain punch
- Stone Edge
- Facade

This setup really does it's best under trick room, particularly, but it still is worth considering for any bulky offense team. Mach punch is a strong priority move to ignore his awful speed for finishing blows. Drain punch helps recover lost health from poison, and is his strongest STAB move. Stone edge deals with flying types who think they can switch in on him. Facade is a powerful move to counter pokemon that resist his other moves, especially psychic types. If this becomes a TR team then switch his nature to brave and make his speed IV's 0.

Toxic Orb is used for a Hit and Run mon. If you plan on using him over 3 or more turns Flame Orb is the way to go.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#15KyrieIrvingPosted 8/27/2013 12:22:34 PM
If an enemy Garchomp comes in on you, it's almost certainly scarfed unless it's your opponent's last 'mon. If you're relying on speed tying something that can OHKO you're doing it wrong.

i disagree

what if both you and your opponent are left with garchomps? then you'd lose 100% of the time. besides, 4 extra evs in hp are probably useless too.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#16uuurrrgghPosted 8/27/2013 12:24:37 PM
Kinda torn between Scizor or Escavalier. On one hand, Scizor holds a more offensive presence. On the other hand, Escavalier can wall anything without fire, or STAB water and electric attacks.

Scizor@Muscle Band
Trait:Technician
EVs: 252 hp/atk, 4 spdef
IVs: 31 all
Nature: Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Roost
Reasoning: Scizor can not only go offensive off the bat with Muscle Band, but can also set up a SD sweep if given the opportunity.

Escavalier@Chesto Berry
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 hp, 252 spdef, 8 atk
IVs: 31 all
Nature: Careful
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Iron Defense
-Rest
Reasoning: Escavalier has more mixed bulk than Scizor, giving him a niche as a wall. His base 135 atk still leaves a dent when uninvested, and Iron Defense when combined with a specially defensive spread makes it difficult to leave a dent on. The RestoChesto combo can be used for either stalling the opponent out, healing statuses like burns, or healing after stacking Iron Defense boosts. Shell Armor is very useful, as it makes sure Escavalier doesn't get a premature ending with a lucky crit.

Both sets require either Flash Fire or Drizzle support.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#17SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:28:30 PM
KyrieIrving posted...

i disagree

what if both you and your opponent are left with garchomps? then you'd lose 100% of the time. besides, 4 extra evs in hp are probably useless too.

Probably. With 4 EVs I'd generally it's easier to just to leave them in speed, but I thought it might be worth mentioning as other Pokemon can do this with much larger effects.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#18Lone_HunterPosted 8/27/2013 12:30:33 PM
KyrieIrving posted...

i disagree

Probably. With 4 EVs I'd generally it's easier to just to leave them in speed, but I thought it might be worth mentioning as other Pokemon can do this with much larger effects.

You both realize that this Chomp has 252 speed?
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#19BelligeroPosted 8/27/2013 12:32:28 PM
Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant Nature
-Head Charge/Return
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Wild Charge/Megahorn
#20kaonohiokalaPosted 8/27/2013 1:10:52 PM(edited)
Lone_Hunter posted...
You both realize that this Chomp has 252 speed?

Someone didn't read
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko