This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blue might win this character battle round...

#11DrakoVongola1Posted 8/27/2013 4:19:43 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
I hate how people don't vote based on who would actually win in a fight. It's nothing but a freaking popularity contest.

It's not meant to be a fight, and it's not really even about who the best character is, it's supposed to be a popularity contest, it says so right on the Character Battle page, "The Character Battle is one big Internet popularity contest. It's not about who is the strongest, most interesting, or most entertaining character, it's all about who gets the most votes.".

If it were about the best character Kain would not have lost in the first round and Mordin Solus wouldn't have lost to a god damn horse.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#12KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/27/2013 4:21:45 PM
Seems like every time there's a FF or Pokémon character they win by a landslide.

Any other really popular series who's characters are often shoe ins?
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#13DrakoVongola1Posted 8/27/2013 4:25:39 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Seems like every time there's a FF or Pokémon character they win by a landslide.

Link always wins. Really any Nintendo or FF character is almost guaranteed to get a ton of votes.
---
#14SuperSonicDBZPosted 8/27/2013 4:53:10 PM
The fact that the L-block one... let alone was a legitimate option made me stop caring about Gamefaqs' character battles. I like the idea of what it represents... but without defining it to some extent... the point is lost.

Who has what kind of powers? Who is limited? I mean if we were to take it a bit more seriously then a popularity contest. Certain people should have their powers defined. Like someone said, Ganondorf can't literally die for the most part. Would that power be mitigated to some extent? Which 6 Pokemon does Blue have? Is there any power Mario can't access?

Yeah. I used to be a big fan of these character battles... but now. Now... *sigh*
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#15MickeyRocksaPosted 8/27/2013 4:55:33 PM
killing Nathen Drake is nearly impossible (in story)

killing him in multiplayer however

take your pick
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word
#16DrakoVongola1Posted 8/27/2013 5:04:14 PM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
The fact that the L-block one... let alone was a legitimate option made me stop caring about Gamefaqs' character battles. I like the idea of what it represents... but without defining it to some extent... the point is lost.

Who has what kind of powers? Who is limited? I mean if we were to take it a bit more seriously then a popularity contest. Certain people should have their powers defined. Like someone said, Ganondorf can't literally die for the most part. Would that power be mitigated to some extent? Which 6 Pokemon does Blue have? Is there any power Mario can't access?

Yeah. I used to be a big fan of these character battles... but now. Now... *sigh*

They're not fighting, the battle is not "Who would win in a fight", it's "who is more popular" :/
---
#17LazorFistPosted 8/27/2013 5:16:50 PM(edited)
KeeperOfShadows posted...

Pokémon used to be heavily anti-voted back in the day. Pikachu barely beat Parappa the Rapper in 2002 and was beaten soundly by Cloud in 2002 and Fox in 2003. Xenogears also beat Pokémon GSC in a game contest in 2004. Pokémon had near Justin Bieber levels of hate back then.

http://board8.wikia.com/wiki/Pikachu_vs_PaRappa_the_Rapper_2002

http://board8.wikia.com/wiki/Fox_McCloud_vs_Pikachu_2003