This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing about character customization that worries me.

#11BrasenPosted 8/27/2013 3:10:29 PM
no dark hair, tan skin combo? you know GF... some of your fans are asian here :\
#12SMASHKING84Posted 8/27/2013 3:26:11 PM
See while this is a step in the right dirrection if you think about this type of character customization punishes the casual player.

ti's not that i'm against the idea of using presets,it's that 6 is NOT enough.

10 should the bare minimum and there should be 10 presets for males and females(technically 20)
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#13NessEggmanPosted 8/27/2013 3:42:02 PM
Since it looks like we'll have higher customization, I hope we get the option to put the opposite gender's features on our characters.

Like how in Animal Crossing, even if you choose a boy player, you can wear the dresses and skirts, stuff like that.

In Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, after playing for a while, you can even change your eye shape to the girl shapes, and wear all the clothes regardless of gender.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do this in Pokémon.

I was always so sad that when we got the tuxedo/dress in previous games, we couldn't get the opposite. I wanted my girl character to wear the tuxedo because she'd look great in it.

Plus some boys have long hair... this is just a normal thing these days and IDK why we can never customize boy characters with long hair when we only have boy and girl options -_-;
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#14CyD13Posted 8/27/2013 3:51:43 PM
NessEggman posted...
Since it looks like we'll have higher customization, I hope we get the option to put the opposite gender's features on our characters.

Like how in Animal Crossing, even if you choose a boy player, you can wear the dresses and skirts, stuff like that.

In Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, after playing for a while, you can even change your eye shape to the girl shapes, and wear all the clothes regardless of gender.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do this in Pokémon.

I was always so sad that when we got the tuxedo/dress in previous games, we couldn't get the opposite. I wanted my girl character to wear the tuxedo because she'd look great in it.

Plus some boys have long hair... this is just a normal thing these days and IDK why we can never customize boy characters with long hair when we only have boy and girl options -_-;

Ignoring destructive and disparaging gender norms? What is this madness?!
---
Posted using GameFlux
#15AccrovideogamesPosted 8/27/2013 3:55:33 PM
When I create a character to be my avatar in a video game, I try to make it look as close as I can to me. I have a light Caucasian skin tone, brown eyes and black hair. If the link below shows the only possible combinations, I'll pick the one in the middle. I hope that's not the case because that preset has the wrong eye and hair color, actually none of them have black hair.

http://tinyurl.com/mw5wxve
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#16SMASHKING84Posted 8/27/2013 3:56:48 PM
nintendo should also make the players house customizable but i highly doubt they will ever do that because that would hurt the sales of another nintendo series.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#17kaiser ryuPosted 8/28/2013 4:10:30 AM
Socran posted...
At the beginning of the game, you won't be able to. However, we've already seen that you can change your hairstyle and color later on. You probably won't be able to change your skin tone, though, and it's unclear whether colored contacts will be an option.

kaiser ryu posted...
... I'll be happy if they let me take off the hat.

We've seen people without hats. But we've also seen people with Pangoro hats wearing sunglasses, so I don't understand why you would wear anything else.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/july_p15_06.jpg

I don't know. I'm a worrier. Every time I see them without hats it's when they're a rival and not the PC.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#18JoJoX200Posted 8/28/2013 6:13:11 AM
I kind of took it for granted that we'll be able to change hair color later in the game and the only fixed variables are skin and eyes. And there might even be contact lenses like in PBR to change eye color too.

I'm not too worried really.
#19JarickoPosted 8/28/2013 6:16:36 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
... I'll be happy if they let me take off the hat.

This.
---
I like Lances!