This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon that have underwhelmed/disappointed you on your playthroughs

#1Mynameispaul96Posted 8/27/2013 4:50:13 PM
Flygon in black 2. It was 10+ levels higher then npc's pokemon and could not 1-hit KO them.
So what's a pokemon that didn't do as well as you were expecting?
---
Chespin and Froakie are the best things, since sliced bread. LOL
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174, pm me so we can be friends. : /
#2SorceressTharjaPosted 8/27/2013 4:53:57 PM
Lucario. On a team with Excadrill, Darmanitan and Chandelure (+Starter +HM Slave) it struggles to stand out. I'm not saying Lucario is bad at all, it's just that... well... it got overshadowed. Badly.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#3Noble-HeartPosted 8/27/2013 4:54:26 PM
Servine, I benched him for the more powerful and elegant pokemon Lilligant.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2011-01-07-360631.jpeg
#4EtoRangerPosted 8/27/2013 4:54:54 PM
Unown in my first Pokemon Gold play through. I kept it in my team for a long time thinking it will get good.

It didn't.
#5KitarooPosted 8/27/2013 4:58:17 PM
Serperior. It was the only starter i didnt take to PLeague.
---
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT
#6SuperSonicDBZPosted 8/27/2013 5:01:20 PM
EtoRanger posted...
Unown in my first Pokemon Gold play through. I kept it in my team for a long time thinking it will get good.

It didn't.

Aww. That hurts. That hurts a lot.

Ledyba in Pokemon Gold or Silver (1st Release). I was hoping it would get better. It did not. Finally got rid of it when I caught a Scyther at the Bug Contest. Never used a Ledyba or it's evolution again.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#7StarFoxFan1Posted 8/27/2013 5:02:55 PM
Absol in platinum. I needed a Pokemon to replace my hm slave for the elite 4, so I decided to look for this awesome looking Pokemon (I missed gen III so I hadn't seen it before). After half an hour I finally caught one, only to discover it always dies in 1 hit. I've learned how to use absol now (super luck + night slash + scope lens = 50/50 chance of crit), but ditched that one in platinum quickly.
---
---
Insert signature here.
#8Hughs_RagePosted 8/27/2013 5:12:26 PM
Servine, I benched him for the more powerful and elegant pokemon Roserade.

---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#9zinformantPosted 8/27/2013 5:14:11 PM
I have used a lot of Pokemon others see as garbage, so my standards are not terribly high. I still remember a horror story of the first time I tried to raise a Paras from outside Mt. Moon in Red Version. It was more irritating than I had expected.

Similarly, Cradily proved difficult to raise and not too useful outside of competitive circles because of how it plays. I love Grass types, but so many of them are like these.

EtoRanger posted...

It didn't.

Huh. I found Unown to be useful against Falkner and Bugsy when starting with Chikorita. They have no utility thereafter, though.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/27/2013 5:14:25 PM
Tropius is Emerald

The entire Serperior line could be exchanged for a different grass type

Noctowl in GSC
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.