This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon that have underwhelmed/disappointed you on your playthroughs

#41ChaosMew161Posted 8/27/2013 11:18:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42ChaosMew161Posted 8/27/2013 11:56:20 PM
In my SoulSilver, I kept a Nidorino until level 43. Reason? To learn Poison Jab naturally. (and then Earth Power after using a Moon Stone.)

This basically meant keeping something I should have evolved at mid-game unevolved, and having to put up with worse stats because of it. In the end, it turned out good though. :)
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#43AorokushoPosted 8/28/2013 12:09:40 AM
Pidegot in Heart Gold. I mostly used it because of nostalgia, although it was incapable of one-hit KOing anything, and on top of that, had pretty mediocre stats.

Needless to say I felt like I wasted my time training. To think, bird pokemon (Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor) were vital pokemon in my first playthrough.

Unfezant is another one who proved to be a hassle. No good moves that could compliment its stats. Replaced with Crobat in Black 2
---
My sig will appear if you press Ctrl + W
PSN: Aorokusho99
#44XWolfOPosted 8/28/2013 12:15:02 AM(edited)
Mightyena for sure. I raised a Poochyena thinking it would evolve into something awesome, but it just wasn't that great to say the least.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#45ChaosMew161Posted 8/28/2013 12:16:11 AM
XWolfO posted...
Mightyena for sure. I raised a Poochyena thinking it would evolve into something awesome, but it just wasn't that great, to say the least.

Copy that for most first-route Pokémon. The best first-route Pokémon were Starly in DP/Platinum and Lillipup in BW. Both are pretty good if you use them right.
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#46SR71haloPosted 8/28/2013 12:38:27 AM
Mightyena

When I first played Emerald, I was planning on using this guy as a permanent teammate because he looked so awesome. Too bad he wasn't, so I ended up kicking him from my team.
---
Scoreboard:
Xbox: 1, Playstation: 4
#47Executor15Posted 8/28/2013 1:01:50 AM
Are people using Serepior wrong? In W and W2 it was amazing for me. Using Coil, Leech Seed, Leftovers, it just couldnt faint. One of my favourite in-game pokes so far.

Back to topic, Absol in W2. Fainted every time it battled. I tried to use its hax as much as possible, but it speed is so low.

In B2, Samurott and Gigalith prove to be useless. I mean, they are not bad, but they are not good either. Even my tank Umbreon proves to be more useful than them.

In HG, Electrode was horrible. Tbolt hardly did good damage.

I am sure there are others, but I can remember.
#48johnydrexelPosted 8/28/2013 1:04:56 AM
I really overestimated Magikarp. I don't know why I thought it could stand up to Dragonite.

On a serious note, Pokemon that didn't disappoint me would make a much shorter list.
---
I just type crap that sounds legit.
#49zinformantPosted 8/28/2013 5:18:40 AM
The fact that I'm seeing a lot of Mightyena and starters here suggests folks don't use unusual Pokemon that often. Those more often than not would disappoint...and there are a few hidden gems out there like Crustle.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#50fuzi11Posted 8/28/2013 5:35:11 AM
the_o80 posted...
Have to say Sandslash. Still used him in every generation though. He is my favorite :/

Most recent disappointment belonged to Arbok. That thing get KO'd by everything >.<. Even with 20 level advantage.

Yeah, it is so sad, that my (your?) favorite Pokemon just isn't so great. I hope it gets a major buff in Gen 6