This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they announce how we're to trade between Gen IV/V and X/Y?

#11SkittyOnWailordPosted 8/27/2013 10:42:47 PM
I just hope it doesn't cost play coins to transfer them. ;_;
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#12wind64aPosted 8/27/2013 10:45:39 PM
Not making something to transfer Pokémon with would be a slap in the face for anyone who either A has most of the Pokedex complete, or B any Pokémon they're especially close to including ones with high IV's and EV training. One major reason why Pokémon had a significant drop in popularity at the beginning of gen III was because people couldn't get their old favorites they raised to travel to the new region at all. I doubt they want to repeat that issue, especially with all the themes of building bonds with your Pokémon.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#13RayCRPPosted 8/27/2013 10:49:34 PM
The transfer question seems to pop up every now and again, so I thought I'd go through the audio recording on my phone from the Developer Roundtable at E3 and transcribe the actual statements from Ishihara and Masuda. Here are the relevant parts:

Tsunekaz Ishihara (via translator): One of the big goals for us is always to utilize the new hardware to really come up with all new ways to play. But there's also something else that we absolutely feel is important, and that would be when transitioning to a new generation of hardware we feel it's important that the previous generation of games can connect with the new generation of games. So a concrete example of this would be transferring your Pokemon from a previous generation of the games to the new generation of the games. With Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, for example, the Nintendo DS had the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot, so players could use the Game Boy Advance cartridge in that and transfer the Pokemon from that game to the Nintendo DS game.

I think that makes it clear that the ability to transfer is important to them, as is the ability for the Gen V games to somehow interact with the Gen VI games...

Q&A Question: Is it possible to import monsters from previous games?

Junichi Masuda (via translator): Of course, everyone's Pokemon are very important to them, so we're thinking of something. Unfortunately, the DS and 3DS can't really communicate with each other, but we're working on it.

...and that makes it clear that they're aware of how important transferring is to the fans and started problem-solving long before E3. I think we can be confident that they'll find a solution and implement it (if they haven't already), even if it requires the use of a separate, downloadable 3DS app. That being said, if there's a way it can be done without requiring access to the eShop, I'm sure they've looked into it as a priority.

That said, the Play Coins is an interesting idea. I wouldn't put it past Game Freak and The Pokemon Company to consider charging Play Coins for transfers, but I don't think it will end up that way, seeing as 24 boxes means potentially over 700 Pokemon per Gen V card, and they know that's a lot. I would expect they found a more practical way to incorporate the use of Play Coins. No matter, as I seem to be averaging a minimum of 10,000 steps a day between work and marching rehearsals.
#14haha thatsgreat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 10:53:31 PM
^Hmm, that's reassuring. Thanks
---
"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing"- Homer Simpson
#15jayman7Posted 8/28/2013 12:36:07 AM(edited)
IzanagiBlast posted...
No, but i hope we can't transfer pokemon from previous generations...it's time for a fresh start.

I swear, I wanna smack people whenever someone says this. It'll be a fresh start anyway, since transferring is always postgame-only anyway. And optional, so there's nothing whatsoever preventing you from having your oh-so-precious "fresh start" without screwing over the rest of us.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#16Bali99Posted 8/28/2013 12:56:33 AM
If it'll be possible, i hope they find a way to prevent transfering hacked ones.
---
Pokemon white FC:4599-8888-8049
3DS FC: 1590-5112-8588,Member of KIL, the KI:U clan
#17CA0001Posted 8/28/2013 1:19:00 AM
We are in an era where the internet connects to everyone in multiple ways, I'm sure they can use wireless communications to achieve something as simple as copying data from one device to another.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#18DrakoVongola1Posted 8/28/2013 1:32:57 AM
Most likely they'll just make an app, if Square (I think it was them I read about) can do it for one of their games I'm sure Gamefreak can figure it out.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#19DrakoVongola1Posted 8/28/2013 1:33:32 AM
IzanagiBlast posted...
No, but i hope we can't transfer pokemon from previous generations...it's time for a fresh start.

I'll never understand people who say this.

You could always just not transfer your Pokemon. No one is forcing you to do it, you know.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#20Dark_Link92Posted 8/28/2013 2:35:51 AM
There's a search bar. We don't need ANOTHER topic about this.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!