This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So who's gonna play Pokemon X/Y on your brand new 2DS?

#111neostelar0629Posted 8/28/2013 6:20:03 PM
Untimely Demise posted...

"You" wouldn't want it. People on the internet are flipping out that it's not a hot trendy product that they would want. Guess what. It's not supposed to be. It's 3DS: Fisher Price Edition. It's aimed at 3,4, or 5 year olds; little kids.

A 4 year old couldn't care less if the speakers are top notch.

A 4 year old won't reliably hold it at the right distance/angle to use the 3D effect (not to mention numerous pediatric groups and Nintendo themselves that cautioned against too much 3D use with young children).

A 4 year old can't pinch his fingers in a 3DS that doesn't fold.

4 year olds often break s***, so the extra durability and cheaper price from the lack of a clam shell are positives.

A 4 year old can't fit a 3DS in his pocket anyways, so portability is practically a non-issue.

This is a product geared towards little kids to play the Pokemon and Dora the Explorer games now and maybe branch out to older themed stuff as they get older.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
---
3DS FC: 0903 - 2787 - 6804
#112jrb363Posted 8/28/2013 8:15:39 PM
beebarb posted...
This must be a joke. If it's true however, it's only real market would be people who can't perceive 3D, those who don't have the budget for a 3DS, and parents with kids under the age of 7.

Come on, there's gotta be like...ten's of people worldwide who fit that demographic.
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#113jrb363Posted 8/29/2013 5:32:19 AM
TranquilSea posted...
If only it folded.

Yeah, because that's all that's wrong with the system. lol
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#114gamemeister904Posted 8/29/2013 11:03:17 PM
if only it folded?

why would you want it to fold the folding is what makes the ds ds i and 3ds xl break

if you don't believe me my Pikachu 3ds xl has a stress crack in it and i've only had it since march
#115Gsus_94Posted 8/29/2013 11:57:25 PM
EnixRocks posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...
That said, I'm 16, so I don't need one.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how being 16 has anything to do with "needing" or "not needing" a 2DS.

I think they are marketing the 2DS for kids below the age of 7 on that video if i'm not mistaken. Or something along those lines. Doesn't make sense really...
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#116OsrangerPosted 8/30/2013 1:04:53 AM
neostelar0629 posted...
Accrovideogames posted...

I was fully aware of how video games worked way before I was 12 years old and I would have asked my mother to return that piece of s*** back to the store and come back with a real 3DS. Offering a 2DS as a gift is extremely insulting, it's like giving a bouquet of dandelions to your girlfriend because you couldn't afford roses. She would have much more preferred that you gave her nothing. It's also like how giving a penny as a tip is much worse than giving nothing at all.

I decided to offer my dad something for his retirement and I thought about a new TV. I doubt that he would have been happy if I gave him a brand new cathodic ray tube television. No, I wanted to give him something that would greatly improve his life, something that would be a huge upgrade from his current television (a 29" CRT TV), something that he would love using for a long time without feeling the need to upgrade. I gave him a brand new 55" LED 1080p HDTV, that's even better than mine which is a 32" LCD 1080p HDTV with overscanning issues.

I wrote the second paragraph in case some people assumed that I was a selfish spoiled brat after reading the first one.

Well, tbh, I still think you are a selfish, spoiled brat regardless of the second paragraph. You also do not understand the meaning behind giving a gift. First off, if you really would have spoken to your mother like that when she was trying to be nice, then you must not really have respect for people nor appreciation for their kindness. Second, a real girlfriend would be happy with whatever you gave her because she is understanding and if she would have preferred nothing, then you really ought to find someone else. Third, it isn't about the quality of the gift. I have received gifts that I don't particularly like and/or don't last very long but the purpose of a gift is to show that you care for someone enough to spend time and/or money for them. How exactly would a television benefit somebody's life?

All you are saying is that people who can't afford to spend the money on a system that you have don't deserve to have one because the cheaper and more affordable version is garbage. The point of a cheaper system is to offer MOST of the features that the more expensive one has, change the design, and make it affordable to the people that don't have as much money. This system is a good way to get younger players hooked on video games without making the consumer pay large quantities of money. It is shaped like a tablet because little kids these days like tablets and the shape appeals to them. There is not 3D feature because of the possible damage to the children's eyes. Sure you could buy them a regular 3DS or a 3DS XL but little kids like to mess around with things so there is no guarantee that they will leave the 3D slider alone. This is just a more little kid friendly version of the 3DS and it is a good idea on Nintendo's part to make it to interest more people. You might think it is a waste of time and space but it was more than likely very thought out. If you don't understand the marketing aspect of this system and don't really care to look at the positives of the 2DS, then there is really no point in making yourself look stupid through your complaining.

Sadly, your point on gift giving is not always correct. Getting a gift for someone that is of the least value possible, or of a value that is not proportional to your net income shows them that you understand that you must give them a gift, but are going to put in the least effort required to do so. If one can only afford the dandelions, then the dandelions are acceptable, but if one can afford roses, but gets dandelions instead, it is entirely different. It comes off as lazy, stingy, and uncommital.
---
Winter is coming, but so are the holidays
Official Taguel in disguise of the FE:A board.
#1171998_zPosted 8/30/2013 1:21:38 AM
The 2DS IIRC isn't made by the Nintendo of Japan, the Nintendo of America made it.

Also, if it's region-free that's one thing worth on it.
---
Official Nozomi and Trumpeter of the SMT4 board.
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight
#118evoxpiscesPosted 8/30/2013 7:21:43 AM
Meta289 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Lone_Hunter posted...
hellslinger posted...
I know I'm not, stupid Nintendo.

I am pretty sure a 2DS is not a real thing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

You were saying?

Oh my goodness. This is seriously a thing. I thought that this was a joke, but it's seriously a thing.

So did I but yeah it's real. Thing is, offering a cheaper 3DS without 3D is a good idea but the design is horrendous.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
#119CakeOfLiesPosted 8/30/2013 7:26:05 AM
gamemeister904 posted...
if only it folded?

why would you want it to fold the folding is what makes the ds ds i and 3ds xl break

if you don't believe me my Pikachu 3ds xl has a stress crack in it and i've only had it since march

I've never heard of a DSi or 3DS having that problem.
As far as I know, that's only a major problem with the DS Lite (I know of at least three people not counting myself that have experienced this with the Lite) and apparently the 3DS XL.

My DSi lasted me two years so far and still looks as good as new. Same deal with my friend's 3DS.
My SP is also really old. Got it on release and it still works great.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#120DarkRoad06Posted 8/30/2013 7:42:23 AM
Guys I was able to get a 3DS XL brand new for 119 from Tesco here in the UK. The 2DS is going to be around 109 I don't understand that but then again it all depends on the place you get it from I guess. I would rather buy the 3DS and turn the 3D off terrible marketing.

Staff: Sir the console is coming along great

Console designer: Ofcourse it is, to be successful you need to think like a genius and I think you know who I'm talking about...ahem ahem

Staff: Sir, you are brilliant, just wanna be like you someday and what is the secret behind your excellent knowledge?

Console designer: Well first I knew the 3DS had to be changed so I took away the 3D and reduced it's size and then I made it unfold-able because people were getting bored of folding their systems.

Staff: Brilliant, Sir did you do some research on what the fans wanted?

Consolde Designer: NOOOO I am psychic and I read people's mind....now let's see to name it....2DS THAT'S IT.

Staff: you are my hero

Consolde designer: Yhhhh boy that's what happens when you work 14 hours a day, it got to my head, I am a genius wooohooo.