This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So who's gonna play Pokemon X/Y on your brand new 2DS?

#71DrakoVongola1Posted 8/28/2013 1:12:40 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Lone_Hunter posted...
hellslinger posted...
I know I'm not, stupid Nintendo.

I am pretty sure a 2DS is not a real thing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

You were saying?

That's real? This isn't a joke topic?

That thing is ugly as f***, why did they design it like that? Why doesn't it flip over?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#72DrakoVongola1Posted 8/28/2013 1:13:27 PM
CA0001 posted...
I'll just copypasta from my post in the other 2DS thread.

They made this so that they are just in time for the legion of children who are going to buy X/Y.

This console is made purely for Pokemon playing kids.

No folding means less chance to break, no 3D to mess with kids' vision and cheaper to convince parents to buy.

But you can turn off the 3D on a 3DS >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#73patkelly929Posted 8/28/2013 1:25:48 PM(edited)
Accrovideogames posted...
patkelly929 posted...
More durable in the sense that it doesn't fold. Without the hinge, there's no chance of "opening it too much" and breaking the thing in half.

Jeez, no need to quote the whole thing. Anyway, that doesn't seem very durable to me considering how it has no screen protection, you're going to have them scratched in no time.

Better to replace a screen than the system. Screen protectors are cheap, and it comes with a carrying pouch thingus.

I bought a 3DS XL, and I won't be getting a 2DS. I understand some of the reasons why this thing exists. Probably the biggest reason of all, given the release date of the hardware, is that young kids want to play Pokemon. It's a less expensive alternative to the 3DS that will play the upcoming games. Parents are going to eat that up to shut up the kid who wants it.

Still doesn't stop it from being hideous.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#74MT_TRAEHPosted 8/28/2013 1:28:54 PM
i'll probably get a 2ds first
---
Misha > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
#75HardHorseJamPosted 8/28/2013 1:31:59 PM
You can bet it'll release with an optional tablet-style folding case to protect the screen.

I don't know why people are complaining about this.
#76westontickleePosted 8/28/2013 1:54:53 PM
Nintendo always reminding me why I don't like them nowadays
---
Courtesy of Valcrist_Mk2: http://westonticklee.deviantart.com/favourites/
Queen Jiggs' Right hand Man. JiggsNation(Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII and P4G Boards)
#77neostelar0629Posted 8/28/2013 1:59:43 PM
Accrovideogames posted...

I was fully aware of how video games worked way before I was 12 years old and I would have asked my mother to return that piece of s*** back to the store and come back with a real 3DS. Offering a 2DS as a gift is extremely insulting, it's like giving a bouquet of dandelions to your girlfriend because you couldn't afford roses. She would have much more preferred that you gave her nothing. It's also like how giving a penny as a tip is much worse than giving nothing at all.

I decided to offer my dad something for his retirement and I thought about a new TV. I doubt that he would have been happy if I gave him a brand new cathodic ray tube television. No, I wanted to give him something that would greatly improve his life, something that would be a huge upgrade from his current television (a 29" CRT TV), something that he would love using for a long time without feeling the need to upgrade. I gave him a brand new 55" LED 1080p HDTV, that's even better than mine which is a 32" LCD 1080p HDTV with overscanning issues.

I wrote the second paragraph in case some people assumed that I was a selfish spoiled brat after reading the first one.

Well, tbh, I still think you are a selfish, spoiled brat regardless of the second paragraph. You also do not understand the meaning behind giving a gift. First off, if you really would have spoken to your mother like that when she was trying to be nice, then you must not really have respect for people nor appreciation for their kindness. Second, a real girlfriend would be happy with whatever you gave her because she is understanding and if she would have preferred nothing, then you really ought to find someone else. Third, it isn't about the quality of the gift. I have received gifts that I don't particularly like and/or don't last very long but the purpose of a gift is to show that you care for someone enough to spend time and/or money for them. How exactly would a television benefit somebody's life?

All you are saying is that people who can't afford to spend the money on a system that you have don't deserve to have one because the cheaper and more affordable version is garbage. The point of a cheaper system is to offer MOST of the features that the more expensive one has, change the design, and make it affordable to the people that don't have as much money. This system is a good way to get younger players hooked on video games without making the consumer pay large quantities of money. It is shaped like a tablet because little kids these days like tablets and the shape appeals to them. There is not 3D feature because of the possible damage to the children's eyes. Sure you could buy them a regular 3DS or a 3DS XL but little kids like to mess around with things so there is no guarantee that they will leave the 3D slider alone. This is just a more little kid friendly version of the 3DS and it is a good idea on Nintendo's part to make it to interest more people. You might think it is a waste of time and space but it was more than likely very thought out. If you don't understand the marketing aspect of this system and don't really care to look at the positives of the 2DS, then there is really no point in making yourself look stupid through your complaining.
---
3DS FC: 0903 - 2787 - 6804
#78Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/28/2013 2:09:37 PM
The target demographic of that specific hardware configuration is not allowed to make an account on this site.

Therefore no-one.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#79MetalgenesisPosted 8/28/2013 2:15:05 PM
Da hell?!

Shall we call this the Gameboy Micro 2.0 or the Virtual Boy 3.0?
---
Black2 FC: 3526 1347 5979 Name: Mia
#80Overlord_MMXUPosted 8/28/2013 2:19:48 PM
You don't need a 2DS. From what I've read and understood, it was made for children 7 and under because of the whole 3D crap. Also, LOL at it coming out on the same day as pokemon X and Y. If you wanted to transfer pokemon over folks, this is probably the only way were gonna be able to do it.

3DS app doesn't seem likely after seeing this, but who knows.
---
Saya No Uta-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYTPeZrzuY
Time Hollow-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lnwBLwHfCc