This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing from Emerald I'd like to see again.

#1EstheimasterPosted 8/28/2013 9:59:29 AM
RSE introduced Double Battles, and while they remain popular in multiplayer modes nowadays, they are not so common on the ingame routes. I was recently replaying Emerald and I realized how much focus was put on them. Oftentimes when you would enter a route, the trainers would be placed and rotating as to give you the option to battle either single battles or double battles. The newer generations do have this, but it's much less frequent. While I would like a full double battle adventure again (like Collesium and XD), giving trainers the option to battle 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 more often would be great.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 8/28/2013 10:13:24 AM
I would probably usually do Singles anyway, but Doubles are fun sometimes too. I actually wouldn't mind this.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3pikachu6598Posted 8/28/2013 10:32:52 AM
OBVIOUSLY the Battle Frontier. I want revenge.
---
"Those who ridiculed the almighty Dunsparce shall be it's first victims. For those who repent there ways, MegaDunsparce shall consider mercy."
#491UKGamerPosted 8/28/2013 10:41:04 AM
Double battles are fun in my opinion. I do think there's enough double battles on the route but I wouldn't be opposed to having more. However, I think the Gym Leaders or the Elite Four should have some double battles. I definitely think the bad guy team (Team Flare) should do double and even triple battles too.
---
My top 5 Pokemon:
#5 Toxicroak #4 Miltank #3 Blazenkin #2 Hariyama #1 Pikachu/Raichu
#5CyD13Posted 8/28/2013 10:42:01 AM
I agree. It's one reason why emerald remains my favorite game.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#6All-icePosted 8/28/2013 10:45:12 AM
I miss how good the graphics and color were in that game =/

All the Ds ones SUCK
---
"..." ~ Pokemon Trainer Red
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#7Estheimaster(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:00:12 AM
91UKGamer posted...
Double battles are fun in my opinion. I do think there's enough double battles on the route but I wouldn't be opposed to having more. However, I think the Gym Leaders or the Elite Four should have some double battles. I definitely think the bad guy team (Team Flare) should do double and even triple battles too.

I think at least one E4 member or Gym leader who double battles would be great for each region.

I also don't get why the official Pokemon VGC is Double Battling when there are so few double battles ingame.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#8mudballmanPosted 8/28/2013 12:09:48 PM
Estheimaster posted...
91UKGamer posted...

I think at least one E4 member or Gym leader who double battles would be great for each region.

I also don't get why the official Pokemon VGC is Double Battling when there are so few double battles ingame.

This. I loved the double battle gym leaders in hoenn. Made the game feel more interesting
---
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645
#9reflectivesPosted 8/28/2013 9:42:17 PM
It would also be nice to run into more random trainers who send out more than one Pokemon

I remember how much it took my by surprise to battle trainers in BW/Bw2 who sent out three Pokemon. I enjoy all the strategies and trolling I can do in ingame triple double and rotation battles.

I'm just saddened by the lack of them even tho they were a gimmick.